Can not share folder with PC

• Hello,

I am trying to share a folder on krc4 with another PC i followed the steps as seen in the video below:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

but when i put the KUKA ip, it does nothing and give me a message to diagnose.

can you help?

Thank you :smiling_face:

• MoFetian

Changed the title of the thread from “No HMI connection” to “Can not share folder with PC”.
  • Hi,

at the moment there are two different threads discussing the same thing!

First of all:

If both computers are not in the same domain, the connection (is just a little bit) more difficult (I learned that from dealing with OPC).

You have to emulate the domain by

beeing in the same WorkGroup

have the same User installed (including pass word)

sometimes DNS (Domain Name Server)

What You should check first:

do I have an additional share

doing that by calling on your robot contol (here Public)

Having the same User

Sharing folder is a windows functionality and it has nothing to do with KSS version

not in this case:

starting with KSS v7 KUKA is using CIFS (Common Internet File System)!

This will be a good start

will be cont

• Having the same issue.

KSS Version 8.6.5

HMI Version 8.6 B0268

Kernel system version KS V8.6.268

Tried first with original IP of the KRC4. 172.31.1.147 | 255.255.0.0 but got the same Network Error Message.

Also tried connecting to a router and setting the IP as 192.168.1.147 | 255.255.255.0.

I'm able to ping the IP but when acessing from explorer \\ipaddress I get the NetworkError Message.

I have the same workgroup on both machines.

Followed through the tutorial above but my machine has Windows 10 Enterprise IoT Edition.

What I noticed is that if I do an ipconfig in the command prompt on the KRC4 it says the IP is 192.168.0.1 but I'm unable to ping this address.

• 192.168.0.x Realtime OS Virtual Network Adapter visible in Windows and as an internal subnet visible in the HMI

192.168.1.xy might be used by the KONI network

172.16.x.x internal subnet visible in the HMI

172.17.x,x internal subnet visible in the HMI

Don't configure IP's in that area

• that is because you are not familiar with KRC architecture....

KRC4 has two OSs:

1) vxWorx is responsible for RT and managing of all hardware resources, including KLI.

2) Windows is responsible for GUI. it is a pretty face but has no control of hardware.

192.168.0.1 is IP used on Windows side of the network bridge to vxWorx (which uses 192.168.0.2.

this is an internal network and that is why you cannot ping it from outside.

also that is why you cannot put KLI address to 192.168.0.x range.

whatever shared resource you setup on Windows side, must be routed through vxWorx.

to chare drive or folder, such as "D:\test_share" you need to enable sharing from windows side. once sharing is done, READ the dialog. it will tell you that sharing is accessible via some link like \\machine\test_share

when trying to access that folder from outside simply use that same link in your Explorer: \\machine\test_share

but in most cases name "\\machine" will be not known so you need to replace it by KLI IP address such as

\\172.31.1.147\test_share

and you need to provide credentials that exist on KRC4,

normally that would be

user: KukaUser

password 68kuka1secpw59

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Switched back to original IP address 172.31.1.147.

I'm able to ping it.

I created another user with admin rights on KRC but when I enter \\172.31.1.147 in explorer it gives me the network error. I don't get to the login credentials window. I also tried mapping network drive so I can give it the credentials beforehand and tried both my new user and the KukaUser. Both fail.

When sharing the folder D:\Share I added full access to my new user.

Tried connecting to the path given in the dialog after sharing and I get the same result.

• Would be nice to see a screenshot of the error message...

I don't know how you share the folder, but right-click on it, select Properties, select Sharing, select Advanced Sharing and check if your user has access to the folder.

under Share Permissions, mark your User, activate the checkbox (Allow) for Full Control, Change, Read...

• don't have 8.6 yet but i would expect it to be no different than with previous versions since file sharing is a windows function and has nothing to do with KSS.

please try make sure to clearly state your case.

what is the path and name of the shared folder? what is the shared link that windows reports when you create share?

is the user you created on KRC same user (and password) as on your computer? if so, you will not be prompted to enter credentials.

are you sure that your computer and KRC are networked correctly? why do you think that?

Step 1: share folder and make sure it has desired access type by user(s) of your choice

Step 2: Ensure to have correct network settings on KRC and your PC so you can reach controller from your machine. in my case i can access it using IP address 192.168.226.1 so replace machine name in Network path with that IP

Step 3: your PC may be fussy about accessing it directly if credentials don't match

but if you provide correct credentials, it does work... at least it does for me and i use it all the time.

btw check if you have caps lock on

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Same person...

KRC4 Teach pendant bypassed by External Monitor

Catalin Pop I think you digged too deep and you need some professional help! :frowning_face::frowning_face::frowning_face:

Yup, I'm currently in contact with a representative nearby and we're working on it.

We've been live trying all sorts of remedies for a couple of hours and a million cold-starts.

They haven't seen this kind of behavior yet and are looking to see if there are any known related bugs.

Has anyone here dealt with Win10Iot?

trying to help some people is like pulling teeth :winking_face:

Are you saying that from the dentist's or the patient's perspective? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_squinting_face::loudly_crying_face:

But in my defense, I merely did the same steps that worked on 3 KRC2 robots with Win XP. This one has Win10IoT.
    If creating a user or changing an IP address can lead to such irreversible side effects these operations should not be available.

Shouldn't be this easy to "brick". (referring to the Pendant issue). I can manage without file sharing, but not without the SmartPad :face_with_tongue: so that's my #1 priority at the moment.

have you done this? Ypu have to select an user (also remember my post #3

Yup. Also your post #3. But in the meantime I deleted the user because I thought it was causing my other issue. Turns out that's not the case. :thinking_face:

Everything is pretty much back to the original settings and there's no way to make a system restore point (feature disabled :confused_face:)

Was supposed to do a professional Kuka training course this week but it got postponed until next spring, so here you guys are stuck in n00bsville with me.

I really appreciate your patience and I can imagine it can sometimes get frustrating. :neutral_face:

• once you have shared folder on KRC.... can you map it as a network drive locally - within KRC Windows? if not there may be services that are not active.

3) read 1 and 2

• But in my defense, I merely did the same steps that worked on 3 KRC2 robots with Win XP. This one has Win10IoT.

starting with KSS v7 KUKA is using CIFS (Common Internet File System)!

Trying to to it the same way as with the KR C2 is not working (On KR C2 FTP was used, now CIFS - this means to give the rights to one person not to a group)

Just follow the suggestions from #1 (movie) until now and your problem is solved.

Advertising from our partners