Cannot open Work Visual v5.0.10

• I have downloaded Work Visual (version 5.0.10) off the Kuka website, and attempted to install on my PC (windows 10). When I go to install I have clicked into the setup.exe not the WorkVisualSetup.msi as I believe I read that on another post as a tip for a successful install. Anyways, the install seems to be successful and it completes everything it needs to. However, when I attempt to open the application it just gives me a loading circle for a second and then nothing happens. Let me know if I haven't given enough info or am posting into the wrong forum.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know what could be causing it.

Also I am posting this straight after another unsuccessful attempt of re-installing work visual on the PC.

• Ok.

The right way to install is running setup.exe, so I think this isn't the problem.

Did You tried to run WoV as Admin, from Windows context menu? I suppose Your user has admin privileges, but I would give it a try.

Also, do you have any antivirus? Maybe stop it for a while.

And, last but not least, did You restarted Windows? You normally don't need to do this, but since WoV install some dependencies, a restart can help in some cases.

• and maybe the setup did not installed some dependencies (like Dot.NET). Did you have an internet connection while installing (in order to download missing dependencies)?

The dokumentation should show you which DOT.NET version you need; is this version installed on your computer?

Did you check the windows event logs (maybe you could find some information there)?

Where did you save the downloaded version of WoV?

• 5.0.10 works on Win10. installation using Setup.exe is correct (installing via *.MSI is wrong as it will install WoV without any dependencies). i would say it is most likely that your download is corrupt. try to download again.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• So I went to the Event Viewer and saw there was a security center failure whenever the application was called. I am going to assume it is due to the strict security that is set up on the current PC, I have just downloaded workVisual onto personal work laptop which is working. I think I am going to have to pass this software onto the IT team so they can approve it and then give permissions to allow the application to open up. Thanks for the help :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners