Any EasyEDA Veterans?

• So I am trying to make a motor driver in EasyEDA and I designed the footprints to the two main components. I quit for the day and when I tried to get back on I could no longer find the two footprints I had made.

Any EasyEDA Veterans out there who can tell me what might have happened or where I might find the default footprint directory (I've been searching for a while)?

What software do you most prefer for making your own circuit boards? I just want to know if there is a significantly better software.

Edit: I am making the driver myself because I got an OSEPP Motor Shield 6612. I had the code that supposedly gets it to work. Has anyone who has had that Arduino Shield had a problem with it not working in any logical way? I'd tried everything to try and get it to work.

I am texsquirreljr, son of TexSquirrel and MrsTexSquirrel.

Associates in Applied Sciences of Robotic Technologies is what it says on my degree.

Currently pursuing a Bachelors in IT.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<><

Edited once, last by texsquirreljr: Including more information and adding in some extra questions. ().

• AD
  • massula

Approved the thread.
  • designing PCBs can be both fun and frustrating. if you just need something to drive servos, i would not bother with designing PCB.

as mentioned in the other thread you just need GPIO to provide timing and.... motors will need power.

hobby servo motors have everything included (electronics, gearing) and just need PWM control signal.

this means PCB is extremely simple and can be made with protoboard and headers. one can use solder to make connections as they are grouped together.

here is one such version of a 'shield' that connects to any controller (including Arduino) even though it does not mechanically fit on Arduino.

https://www.instructables.com/…-Shield-on-Prototype-PCB/

but with ready made protoboards for Arduino this is easy to do using for example

https://www.amazon.com/KEYESTU…pcb&qid=1602019029&sr=8-1

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Unfortunately I'm dealing with some 9v motors, but I have the design down on paper: relays, ports, a bunch of AAs (only because the kit came with a huge AA bank). I already have the design planned out and I could totally just use a protoboard but I want to practice designing a PCB as a usable file so I can always design a PCB if I need to and add it to my list of skills and totally not at all because I want to be able to smugly tell everyone, "Oh yes, I made that myself! Ha ha!"

Though I probably should take your advice and use the protoboard first since it's just good practice, I already have all the components and having a proof of concept I'm not having to hold together by hand would be nice to start coding it with.

I guess I've just been stubborn and lazy. I think I'll look into the protoboard and KiCAD.

Associates in Applied Sciences of Robotic Technologies is what it says on my degree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<><

• I'm downloading KiCAD now.

<><