Error when deploying or merging Workvisual to KRC

• Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to solve this error please?

KRC4 KSS 8.5.8 HF1 Workvisual 5.0

I have made a change to the IO mapping and attempt to Generate Code (or deploy and merge) the updated project to the KRC. It fails the verification with the following:

Parse-Error in File KRC:\Steu\Mada\$option.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2

The plug in Robo TeamComponent caused an error during code generation!

We only have 1 robot and I can't find any reference to Robo Team being installed on the KRC or Workvisual. I've also reverted to the iniitial project and tried deploying a Workvisual project with no changes yet it still errors in the same way so the one change I made to the IO mapping is probably not the issue here. We haven't made any changes to the option.dat file directly.

Any pointers please? Thanks.

• ok. You can lookout for variables $motion_coop and $prog_coop (names might be slightly different, because I do not have access to a controller). Both should be false if you do not have a roboteam installed.

• Hi,

Thanks for the info. Have checked the file and both the variables you mention are False?

Here's the file off the KRC if this helps?:

&ACCESS RV

&PARAM VERSION = 1.0.0

&REL 2

DEFDAT $OPTION PUBLIC

CHAR $V_OPTION[32]

$V_OPTION[]="V1.0.0/KUKA8.3" ;VERSIONSKENNUNG

BOOL $TECH_OPT=TRUE ;FUNKTIONSGENERATOR

BOOL $TCP_IPO=TRUE ;GREIFERBEZOGENE INTERPOLATION

BOOL $SEP_ASYNC_OV=FALSE ;Schalter fuer asynchrone Hand-Overrides

BOOL $LOOP_CONT=FALSE

CHAR $LOOP_MSG[128]

BOOL $IDENT_OPT=TRUE

INT $SINGUL_STRATEGY=0 ;0=NONE, 1=APPROX

BOOL $MOT_STOP_OPT=FALSE ;AKTIVIERUNG "BLOCK EXTERNAL START"

BOOL $CHCK_MOVENA=TRUE ;AB-UND EINSCHALTEN DER UEBERPRUEFUNG DER EINGANGSNUMMER VON $MOVE_ENABLE

BOOL $COLLISAVOID=FALSE ;

BOOL $MOTIONCOOP=FALSE ;

BOOL $PROGCOOP=FALSE ;

BOOL $T2_OV_REDUCE=TRUE ;TRUE = Overridereduzierung auf 10 % in Mode T2

BOOL $VAR_TCP_IPO=FALSE

BOOL $SPL_VEL_MODE_OPT=TRUE ; Defaulteinstellung fuer $SPL_VEL_MODE

INT $SPL_PTP_PARA_OPT=2 ; Defaulteinstellung fuer PTP-Spline Parametrisierung

BOOL $IMPROVEDMIXEDBLENDING=TRUE ; verbessertes gemischtes Ueberschleifen

BOOL $IMPROVEDSPLINEGEOMETRY=TRUE ;verbesserte Spline Geometrie

DECL STEP_ENUM $SPL_MIXEDBLENDING_OPT=#NONE ;Optimierungen des gemischten Ueberschleifens im Spline

ENDDAT

• Yep. Both false. So definitely no Roboteam. In the Workvisual folder on you hard disk you should find a file WorkVisual.log it should have more info on the exact problem of the Roboteam WorkVisual plugin. My guess would be your option.dat is missing a variable or it contains a variable that the roboteam plugin does not know and therefore chokes on this. I would backup WorkVisual.log than generate the project file and compare to the backup Workvisual.log. You should see a section added to the end of the file with info on the project generation process. If you can post this section as well I might find a hint on what is missing or what is unknown.

On the other hand these type of compatibility conflicts usually are fixed by using the newest WorkVisual versions.

• OK, just looking initially at log file, towards the end one line reads:

Assembly tried to get a Model for KRC:\Steu\Mada\$option.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 but the File could not be opened.

I'll continue to try what you say too.

Also, as I'm running KSS8.5.8 is it OK to run the latest WorkVisual software? From your comment it is.

Thanks

• Here's the last part of the log entry for a code generation due to length of message:

13:04:59.99 [General: Information] ThreadId:14040 Assembly KukaRoboter.ToolBaseManagement changed content of variable MACHINE_FRAME_DAT in KRC:\R1\System\$config.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB

13:05:00.42 [General: Information] ThreadId:14040 Assembly KukaRoboter.ToolBaseManagement changed content of variable MACHINE_DEF in KRC:\R1\System\$config.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB

13:05:00.55 [General: Information] ThreadId:14040 Assembly KukaRoboter.ToolBaseManagement changed content of variable $LDC_CONFIG in KRC:\Steu\Mada\$custom.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB

13:05:00.63 [General: Information] ThreadId:14040 Assembly KukaRoboter.ToolBaseManagement changed content of variable JOINT_DEVICE in KRC:\R1\System\$config.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB

13:05:00.74 [General: Information] ThreadId:14040 Assembly KukaRoboter.RoboTeam changed content of variable $COOP_KRC in KRC:\Steu\Mada\$custom.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB

13:05:00.74 [General: Information] ThreadId:14040 Assembly KukaRoboter.RoboTeam changed content of variable $WS_CONFIG in KRC:\Steu\Mada\$custom.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB

13:05:00.75 [AllMessages: Error] ThreadId:13072 - Message: "Parse-Error in File KRC:\Steu\Mada\$option.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB" - Tag: ""

13:05:00.75 [General: Information] ThreadId:14040 Assembly tried to get a Model for KRC:\Steu\Mada\$option.dat on Controller KR 16 R2010-2 JB but the File could not be opened.

13:05:01.71 [Errors: Error] ThreadId:14040

======================================

Summary:

--------------------------------------

--> MachineName: LAPTOP-PBUGVF4H

--> TimeStamp: 03/10/2020 12:05:01

--> FullName: KukaRoboter.CoreUtil, Version=1.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=eae976646d224940

--> AppDomainName: WorkVisual.exe

--> WindowsIdentity: LAPTOP-PBUGVF4H\studi

Exception Information Details:

Exception Type: KukaRoboter.AtomsServices.Interfaces.CodeGeneration.PlugInException

Name: RoboTeamComponent

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage EndInvokeHelper(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message, Boolean)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: mscorlib

HResult: -2146233088

StackTrace Information Details:

Server stack trace:

at KukaRoboter.CodeGeneration.ControllerCodeGeneratorsStep.RunControllerTransformers(IBaseQueries baseQueries, IDeviceController controller, IBuildRun run)

at KukaRoboter.CodeGeneration.ControllerCodeGeneratorsStep.Run(IBuildRun buildRun)

at KukaRoboter.CodeGeneration.CodeGenerationComponent.TransformProject(IList`1 controllers, Boolean suppressPackageBuilding)

at KukaRoboter.CodeGeneration.CodeGenerationComponent.TransformProject(Boolean suppressPackageBuilding)

at KukaRoboter.KrcOnline.Codegeneration.ProgressDialog.GenerateCodeAsync()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)

at System.Action.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)

at KukaRoboter.KrcOnline.Codegeneration.ProgressDialog.CodegenerationFinished(IAsyncResult ar)

Exception Information Details:

Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException

Message: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: KukaRoboter.AtomsServices.Interfaces.CodeGeneration.IFileModelWrapper GetModel[T](KukaRoboter.Atoms.Device.IDeviceController, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, System.String)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: KukaRoboter.AtomsServices

HResult: -2146233079

StackTrace Information Details:

at KukaRoboter.AtomsServices.FileModelProvider.GetModel[T](IDeviceController deviceController, String filePath, Boolean existingFileExpected, Boolean readonlyModel, String callingAssembly)

at KukaRoboter.AtomsServices.FileModelProvider.GetFileModel[T](IDeviceController deviceController, String filePath, Boolean existingFileExpected)

at KukaRoboter.RoboTeam.CodeGeneration.Actions.ActionFactory.GetModel(String filePath)

at KukaRoboter.RoboTeam.CodeGeneration.Actions.ActionFactory.<GetBuildSteps>d__34.MoveNext()

at KukaRoboter.RoboTeam.CodeGeneration.RoboTeamTransformer.Process(IDeviceController item, IPlatformModel model)

at KukaRoboter.CodeGeneration.ControllerCodeGeneratorsStep.RunControllerTransformers(IBaseQueries baseQueries, IDeviceController controller, IBuildRun run)

======================================

13:05:01.72 [AllMessages: Error] ThreadId:13072 - Message: "The plug in RoboTeamComponent caused an error during code generation!" - Tag: ""

• What is the exact version of Your WorkVisual?

5.0.9? 5.0.10?

5.0.10 is the last one from 5.x series. If You are using this one, You can try, as Fubini pointed, a newer one, that is 6.0.12.

• Crikey, upgrading to 5.0.10 allows me to generate code without an error!

As an aside, if I make IO mapping changes, which is the best route to take to update the KRC? Deploy or Merge?

I'll see how I get on when I've made my changes but thanks all for your guidance.

• If the robot is already configured and running and you want to make some changes, You can simply deploy the whole project again.

Merge is more used when you are commisioning a new robot, or inserting new elements that came from another robot / project / whatever.

With Merge You have a granular control about what go to the controller, but the mistake chances also got bigger.

Advertising from our partners