Create new workcell error

• Hey there,

I've started shadowing a robotics guy at work recently and he gave me a USB with the installation files (parts 1 through 8 of Revision N) for Roboguide (30 day trial) so I can do some practicing on it. Every time I try to create a new work cell or create from a backup, I get this error about something to do with I/O. I've uninstalled an reinstalled (as administrator) several times, but I continue to get this error. I have a second image of the error that comes right after the picture included that mentions:

"RGCCommonWorkcellWizard.RGCWorkcellWizardIntereface_CreateWorkcell

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at

SimPRO.RGCCommonWorkcellWizard.RGCWorkcellWizardInterface_CreateWorkcell()"

I feel like there is a file missing somehow, but if anyone has an idea of what could be causing this issue, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

• Place your Ad here!
  • The file sizes are correct. I have had corrupted Roboguide installs in the past. Maybe try reinstalling. Make sure to run the install as administrator.

Here's something I don't quite understand: most of the files inside each of the 8 parts are identical, so do I need to put them all inside the same folder and replace any of the duplicate files? I'm not used to having several installation parts for a single program, so I'm not sure what the main folder structure should look like for this program.

Thanks for the reply.

• It is a self-extracting afrchive. You should not manually extract the files.

To install, part01 through part08 should be in the same folder. Then right-click on SFTROBOG9DVD_Rev.N.part01.exe and select "Run as administrator". It will extract the contents to the same folder.

In the extracted files there will be setup.exe. Then right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".

• It is a self-extracting afrchive. You should not manually extract the files.

To install, part01 through part08 should be in the same folder. Then right-click on SFTROBOG9DVD_Rev.N.part01.exe and select "Run as administrator". It will extract the contents to the same folder.

In the extracted files there will be setup.exe. Then right-click on it and select "Run as administrator".

I uninstalled everything and followed what you said, but I still get the same error. My install folder looks like this after everything is done. Sounds like I'll either have to contact FANUC or have him give me another USB with hopefully all of the correct files.

• I know this might be a far stretch to do, but, take these files and try the install on another computer. This will tell you if it's PC based or install file based.

Edit: In addition, anytime you are working with RG specific applicational events, copy from USB and store locally. This might suppress some issues as well.

• I know this might be a far stretch to do, but, take these files and try the install on another computer. This will tell you if it's PC based or install file based.

Edit: In addition, anytime you are working with RG specific applicational events, copy from USB and store locally. This might suppress some issues as well.

I appreciate the reply! At this point, I'm just going to wait until Monday and talk with the robotics guy and see if he can get me the correct files for the installation. I was hoping to get some practice with the software over the weekend, but it looks like that will have to wait.

• Another item to consider which hasn't been mentioned is your firewall settings. RG communicates to robot server which will go through firewall to communicate to dependent programs.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was able to add roboguide.exe to the firewall exceptions, but still getting the same error that prevents me from opening a work cell. I don't even know where the "FRCIOCommonClass.CreateSeg" file is or if I even have it. I've tried searching for it but nothing comes up. Unless It's a specific string of text in a certain file that is somehow missing...not quite sure how that would go missing, though. That error in the first photo doesn't really make sense to me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• Problem solved!

I finally got the program to run properly and let me create a new work cell. It turns out my anti-virus was the problem all along. Honestly, I should have thought to check into this earlier.

My anti-virus was preventing the program from creating a new work cell file in, what apparently is, a protected file location. For some reason, I wasn't getting notifications about these specific blocked processes. All I had to do was allow 3 specific applications to have access to a folder, and now everything works perfectly.

Hope this post can be of some help if anyone has a similar issue in the future.