disconnect SmartPad

• I am trying to phase out the use of the smartpad and while the manual shows clearly how to disconnect the smartpad it does no go into how to run a robot application without the smartpad.

Furthermore, even if I run an application, then disconnect the smartpad, if I try to do handGuiding(), I cannot press the play button that would allow me to move the robot after the enabling device is active.

I could connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard to the cabinet controller and use the smartHMI from there, but that is not the solution I am looking for. I am trying to phase out the use of the smartpad, including the smartHMI software.

Is there a way to have a robot application execute after start-up? Without having to select it from the drop down menu on the smartpad?

• Is there a way to have a robot application execute after start-up? Without having to select it from the drop down menu on the smartpad?

Yes. Select the application you want to run as your default one from Sunrise Workbench (like in the attached photo). This way it's always loaded after start up or when you pass to AUTO mode.

Then to start/stop use External Control via:

• I/O system of the robot controller

• Network protocol UDP

More info in the documentation (e.g. in the KUKA_SunriseOS_116_SI_en.pdf you find it in Chapter 12 External control )

I am trying to phase out the use of the smartpad, including the smartHMI software.

I'm not 100% sure you can do that

• I think this is specific to the LBR MED.

not all version of the Sunrise OS will allow this.

External control has been offered for every type of LBR iiwa throughout every versions of SunriseOS.

It's not even an option that you can choose not to have.

Just configure it in Sunrise project setting and the actual communication(I/O or UDP), that's all.

Advertising from our partners