Kuka

• and also the KSS version

The RDT error should mean (from what I can red), Serial on RDW differs from Serial number on HDD.

Because you replaced the rdt I would expect using the one from HDD

• Think you have the right one installed.

After installing a new rdw the time counter on rdw and HD differ, that's normal, you have to select them from HD. But that's only a suggestion, the translated message is not the original one, a message with that text doesn't exist on the robot.

Post all messages of the robot with the English language selected in the Kuka UI.

One more thing:

please use the code tag for program code, not for the normal text.

• There should be a method in the menu to change the language, think under the main entry 'configuration'. But they changed it over the years, just look thru the whole menus (on upper screen border).

• What do you mean by loading driver?

In menu select setup, the 5 Robot data

Here you should be able to select the data you want (RDW or HDD)

Because you changed the robot (rdw) you should take the date from HDD

• I do not have a robot system available to go thru step by step.

Maybe some other reader of this thread could be more helpful.

You can try to switch back to the english language and send the screen shot

• The root issue here is that the certain data (serial number, hour meter, etc) are recorded in two separate locations -- on the RDW, and on the HDD. In the event that one of these components must be replaced, the new component may have no data, or incorrect data, if the part was salvaged from another robot. The KRC always checks these two data copies for consistency, and throws this error if the two do not match.

It is up to the operator to decide which copy is correct. The menu shown in Post #37 allows the operator to select which copy is correct, and this will cause the correct data to be copied into the other component, replacing the incorrect copy. In your case, the correct data is on the HDD, and the incorrect data is on the RDW, so you want to select the HDD copy as the "master" copy.

This menu will only function if you first log in as Administrator on the robot -- User/Operator access level does not have authority to do this.

• aw c'mon... please spare the excuses... :face_with_rolling_eyes:

there is no reason to nag about not having user or better system integrator documentation. it is free.

just check pinned topic READ FIRST and download exact documentation for your robot/controller/KSS from Xpert.

also plenty can be found right here in the download section.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I did not find any information about changing the access level, and there was no such thing in memory for all the menus either It may be hidden or enabled via a keyboard shortcut

Should be under Configuration>User Group. Easy to find just by going through the menus. Once you select User Group, you'll be given options for User/Operator, Expert, and Administrator.

The default password for elevated access is kuka -- all lowercase, no capitals!

• So your Robot seems to look for the fitting absolute accuracy pid-file. It's name should be <serialnumber>.pid. Check if you have this file. It usually is located in c/krc/roboter/ir_spec folder. Also a copy is stored on RDW and probably it is missing on one side. If you find it it can be downloaded to RDW under configuration -> Robot data plugin. But you have to have high enough user rights, probably EXPERT or ADMINISTRATOR. If you do not find it, you can switch off absolute accuracy by setting $abs_accur to #none.

Fubini

Advertising from our partners