How to become a passive member?

• What I learned in the meantime:

everone wants help, but no one wants to help (some exceptions)

When I spend hours to check documentations I expect an answer, just to know whether I am on the right way and also for others maybe having the some problem!

As I learned:

It is not working this way: suggestions worked for me - who cares about the others?

Therefore I am not willing to be an active member anymore - but as passive one (just getting the good information which is helpful - like a lot of others)

Passive one means able to read the atachemnets but not able to respond - to me it sounds only stupid members are trying to help and respond

Beeing not passive member, please just close my actual member ship

I am sorry to say that, but trying to help without any response is annyoing

• well... welcome to the internet... everyone is there and not everyone is caring or sharing, and there is no practical way to change how people behave. things that cannot be changed should not rule emotions. i agree that it can be frustrating that "consumer types" don't bother to share if the suggestions worked or not or what the solution was. so everyone need to decide on their own if and when they will engage into conversation.

i am not aware of passive mode on this forum so to view attachments you would need to login and just refrain from posting.

perhaps offer ideas to combat things causing frustration... maybe there should be a feature to flag such users so that next person trying to help them can recognize selfish member so they may choose to not offer help. but that does not stop them from simply creating another account. maybe creating account need to be more involved or involved or... conditionally free. one thing people value is their own time and money. perhaps that is the key to making everyone well behaved...

then feel free to ask all you like but... if you really need an answer and there is no response - start bidding or making deposits. need it sooner - bump it up a bit and see if anyone bites... but once you get an answer, no withdrawal until you both choose the best or most helpful answer and share the solution.

so you may walk away without sharing solution but then you lose deposit. play nice, put an effort in describing problem, show teamwork and respect for help offered and others may choose to help you even without deposit. when money is involved, people would do more effort to do own research without asking same thing over and over.

i don't know... just brainstorming here...

either way, when it comes to internet, the best way is to have a thicker skin and don't expect anything back. it sucks but that's the way it is... save the nerves and blood pressure :smiling_face:

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• when it comes to internet, the best way is to have a thicker skin and don't expect anything back. it sucks but that's the way it is... save the nerves and blood pressure :smiling_face:

I couldn't agree more...:top:

The psychology of people never ceases to amaze me and social media, texting, emails only exacerbates ignorance.

For instance on the internet you say a simple hello to a random individual, often you don't even receive a reply, kiss my arse or nothing.

Go to a public place and pick a random stranger and do the same thing, you will always get a response, maybe not the response you're expecting, but a response all the same.

To some people a response is very important, to others, not so much.

Believe me, you are not on your own, I think I could safely say, members here at Robot Forum who are frequent visitors and assist others feel the same way from time to time, I know I do.

But it is what it is and as panic mode says 'thick skin' is a definite when dealing with certain individuals and at the end of the day, it is your decision whether to participate or not.

If you know the solution or have a method, advice that could certainly assist them, rather than posting it first.

- Respond to it in a way it deserves.

- Ask a question back.

- Just sit back and see how the thread evolves, if at all.

Not a lot else I can say really, except it sounds like you are the type of person who can and will assist others and also from reading some of your posts, have a wealth of knowledge willing to share and would be a loss to the forum should you take a back step from it.

But on serious note, if your health suffers from it.....maybe just take a step back for a bit....:top:

• Hey, i understand you point of view. :top:

We should think about this:

- everybody is helping here for free :zwink:

- we should not expect help, but we are thankful, if somebody helps :merci:

- we should be that first, what we expect from others :blumen:

- here are so many good people they help and this is great. Thank you all :applaus:

- i the universe, every Energy you put in anywhere, that energy comes back to you. Almost another way, that you expect.

i hope you will stay a active member, because you are great :fine:
    Thanks for every helping to make this community better :love24:

Advertising from our partners