Fanuc Joint 2 3 Limit

• Hey guys,

I have a robot that is hitting the 90 deg joint 2/3 limitation. Fanuc ARC Mate 120ic. I only need about 3/4 of an inch more. I tried changing this limit to 100 in a controller start but it didn't seem to change anything. Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks,

Kevin Lay

• What would I have to change to get the robot to have a little more joint 2/3 interaction limit? Im not actually hitting a limit on axis 2 or 3. The robot physically looks like it can do it. It would be very close to itself, but should be okay. I just need a little bit more. As for modifying the tool its not really an option. Its a very complicated tool with servos and stuff on it. To "offset" it a bit would be a very large redesign on the tooling. Also we may have issues in situations where we are reaching further. I was able to change the configuration of the robot and angle it slightly and make it work, but its definitely not ideal and is going to be very hard to home properly.

• I seen in your picture it does have variable for 2/3 upper and lower limit but they both show 0. Thats strange. I will have to look at my actual robots.

Edit: After checking my robots they are both set to 0. Should I try extending my upper and lower limits for joint 2/3 ? What do you guys think?

Advertising from our partners