kawasaki fs003n problem

• Hi

Unfortunately, on a PLC command, the robot does not go to the home position and does nothing, stopping at this command line. there is a idea of what the problem might be? The robot moves perfectly in manual.

• Welcome to the forum.............:beerchug:

Unfortunately, on a PLC command, the robot does not go to the home position

What makes you think it should go to the home position and what PLC Command are you referring to?

From your description and screenshot it is impossible to say what is happening, we could do with more information:

- We could do we seeing the complete program of pg00.

- We could do with seeing if you are running any PC Programs.

- Does it move to the highlighted step and then stop.

- Is any fault or error evident.

- Is motor power and cycle start still on.

- Is there any indication on the status screen it is in a wait condition or external hold condition, or E/stop condition.

- We could do with knowing what the status is showing (main status screen).

• Thank you very much

There are two same robots that stop in the same place in program.

There is a button on the screen that resets your position, i.e. it sends it to home position, this is sent by plc. Bigger problem is that there is no plc or robot program either.

one has a low battery level but the other is perfect.

there is very little communication between the two robots. is there a setting e.g. a safety zone that is written to zero and therefore does not move, or some type of disease?

- We could do we seeing the complete program of pg00.

unfortunately I have only photographed this

- We could do with seeing if you are running any PC Programs.

- Does it move to the highlighted step and then stop.

yes and the pneumatic cylinder movable program runs

- Is any fault or error evident.

No error, only the pc sends that it didn't get there on time

- Is motor power and cycle start still on.

yes it works but there are two running licenses and one doesn't get it

- Is there any indication on the status screen it is in a wait condition or external hold condition, or E/stop condition.

No

- We could do with knowing what the status is showing (main status screen).

I didn't make picture.

• Please........I need to express this further, here at Robot Forum in order for us to assist.....:yessir::

- We have no knowledge of your setup.

- We cannot see what you are seeing.

- If you cannot provide screenshots, images, and copies of robot programs, it is impossible for us to help.

Therefore before we can begin to help, please provide the following information:

- Description of application.

- No. of Robots installed - Model No. and Controller Model No.

- What PLC is installed.

- Robot Controller file save(s) (only if you are not compromising company IP).

All of the above needs to be written in a logical, non confusing order so that we have good chance of assisting you.

At the moment, all I know is:

- 2 Robots.

- 1 has low battery level - which is it encoder or RAM.

- PLC should be there, but now isn't.....Where has it gone, has someone stolen it.

- When you press a button, robot does not go home.

• Sorry

I describe in detail

it is a winding machine, there are 2 winders with two robots, both winders have an electrical cabinet and a control PC which unfortunately we didn't find anything for. there is even a central pc on which to choose the right program. and then transfer to both PCs. There is bits communication between the pc and the robot cabinet, both PCs have a cycle reset button which sends your own robot to the home position, this does not happen and until this happens it does nothing. one robot complains about the battery, but the other robot does not send any error messages.

I managed to get the robot's program but I haven't received it yet.

Unfortunately, the PC program does not exist yet.

I sum it up

1 central cabinet with 1 pc

2 winding cabinets with 1-1 robots

• Well firstly, the robot with the RAM battery error needs resolving or you will lose all your data when this battery becomes exhausted.

There is a dual cell battery inside the robot controller which supplies power when the robot controller is off to retain the memory.

This battery needs replacing immediately (you have been warned).:justice:

If there is communication between PC and robot controller, then this will probably be controlled within a PC Program (background task) or via a windows app using the Kawasaki dll.

So you need to ascertain whether the:

- PC and robot controller do indeed have a communication connection that is connected (without any robot program code, I cannot say).

- PC commands are being sent or not, if not then this is PC related and not Kawasaki (no idea how you could troubleshoot this as it is PC related).

- If PC commands are being sent, and not being read by the robot controller (without any robot program code, I cannot say).

As there is no robot code provided, I cannot say where the problem would likely be.

• Many thanks for the code.

I've got a feeling there's a setting not correct or has been altered.

Do you know how to perform an all data backup (I need to review some other areas), so if you could provide a full file save that would be great.

• Many thanks.

There is no code present to send it to the home position in the conventional (proper way), so it will take some time to understand as well as the comments not in English (my native tongue) too.

I do need an all data backup, this include all data from the controller, not just the user data, this would be more beneficial.

• Thank you

we also have difficulty understanding Italian

how can i do a full data backup

unfortunately the robot only knows the flop

is it possible from a pc?

• If you go here: Kawasaki Online Terminal Editors

Download the zip file.

Locate the KCWin32 folder, this will allow data save to PC using RS232 cable and there is a basic configuration guide included.

You will need to prepare cross over cable to work.

Or you can carry out using floppy via Aux Func 20.

• I'll have some questions as I go along......

1. Is it the left or right robot?

2. When the program pg00 stops at that line, what position is it in, with reference to the 'home' position you are referring to?

3. When the program stops at this position can you find out if output no. 4 is on or not?

4. Have you tried just selecting 'runprog' on the robot and executed from there?

• Thank you

Unfortunately I can't make video anymore, but the robot doesn't move on plc's instructions

1, None of the robots work well. both robots stay that line

2, Robot does not move, if we have manually moved it to another position it will stay there

3, sorry I do not know

4, I did not try

All we did was change the program on the handheld, where the program stops, we've moved it to a global variable

That is

Rmove .#P instead of Rmove #P --> that is global variables

Then the robot starts in the direction of the position but does not move any further but at least the robot did something on the instructions of the PLC

• The robot(s) are not using what is called a dedicated HOME instruction or a HOME position.

I think it is programmed position instead.

Also I think they are using signals to turn on/off when the robot reaches a position, like a position marker when it's executed the step.

I think it is using these signals to ascertain where it is in order to 'move to the programmed position' you refer to as HOME.

Because you have changed programs, maybe also changed something else, they are not synchronized with these signals perhaps.

I think they need re-synchronizing.

Do you not have any technical document on how to operate these robots?

• According to the code.

In the autostart.pc program, there is reference to a program called runprog.

This suggests to me that this is the 'master call routine'.

By selecting this on both robots and executing (motor power and cycle start), it may re-sync them......it's worth a try I think.

Advertising from our partners