MRC SK6 cmos batch file backup?

• hi there, I was wondering if anyone had a backup for the mrc sk6? I had a problem with it saying serial i/o board trouble on the pendant so I swapped the cpu boards from another control box we had here but then I ended up getting load batch-cmos. IVe gone into the customer menu and did the initialize mif01 but this problem now. is there anyway to just get it moving? just a background prop I need for a scene.

Also if I manange to get a new cmos loaded up what would have caused the serial I/O trouble alarm I was getting before?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

• I hate to say, but you went through hell because of a simple problem.

The "serial I/O communication" alarm/message is because the robot has a serial I/O card, most likely a MARIO card, that talk to a PLC. If the PLC communication stops, you get this alarm/message. You can go to a universal output and tell the robot not to worry about the PLC communication and go on.

If you don't have a PLC you can remove the card and not have to worry about the alarm/message any more.

When you change processors on an MRC there is a procedure you need to follow. The first thing is to do a full backup. Never, never, never do the command "initialize the MIF01". If you do this you must reload the CMOS batch file from the robot or initialize the whole robot.

To back up an MRC you need FDE for Windows and a PC with a RS232 port (or usb to rs232).

Robodoc

• ah figures, I have the usb to rs232 already. what board holds the cmos information? just hoping if i swap back the boards do you think I will still have that problem?

would you know the steps to backup the cmos files?

Also I have been trying to find for awhile but no luck, but is there any control boards that can be connected to the servo motors and control the pwm signal.

• Information is stored on the MCP and MIF boards.

You need the FDE for Windows to load or save files. Or an old FC box with 3.5” single density floppy disks.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Well I put the board back in and it sAys alarm 200 I didn't want to risk anything else. Is there a easy fix for that or is it the same problem of needing a backup and the password?

Advertising from our partners