OLD (C40 controller + J10 robot) EXT.HOLD doesn't allow program to run

• Customer did not waited and did the board exchange before going back to normal. ^^¡

He told me it worked well after that change.

Clearly the board is faulty.

Can this be disabled somehow? I don't know if I'm saying a foolish thing now (In the electrical diagrams it was clear it is not related to doors nor emergency).

• Something does not make sense as there were 2 faults then:

- The file I sent you is a setting that cannot accidently be changed unless someone knows about it.

- Therefore, I am unsure whether this setting should remain, or be put back to how it was.

Run/Hold circuit to 1HP is faulty.

I am concerned that customer may have already attempted things before contacting you and may have introduced one of the above faults.

Could you try and find out what customer tried to do to fix problem before contacting you?

Also, to note, if 1HP board is faulty, then I don't know of anyway to fix problem, other than replacement 1HP board.

If customer could carry out a test for me:

1. Load the last file ( I sent via conversation) and return controller to as it was.

2. Then exchange 1HP between controllers.

Also, check with customer to make sure of ALL connections to 1HP are in correct place and secure, with no bent pins.

• I've just spoken with him by phone. to get more information about this all.

He just told me he did recovered the original backup after doing the exchange.

And yes, he will look for someone who could repair that card.

He did buy that robot in the second hand market and did not tried it before so we can imagine anything coming from the original customer.

Summarizing, after replacing the board and reloading the original backup, the robot worked properly (after remastering it).

I don't know how to say thanks to you.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP!

• Perfect, that clears my question regarding the original file I sent then.

So if they can obtain a replacement card/repaired card, it is simply just plug it in and working again.

It sounds like your customer already has Kawasaki experience and now you also have this experience too with this thread.

Yes, sadly these controllers/boards are not longer produced, so second hand market is only resource for spares now.

I love C Controllers and wished they'd continued producing them, but it is old technology now, but back in the day C Controllers were very reliable indeed

Good to know the problem has been located and many thanks for your information and your patience during this, your accurate information assisted greatly in helping to isolate the problem, so well done my friend and thank you to.

Just finding the problem is enough thanks for me, as I enjoy sharing the knowledge I have gained over the years to help others and your comments are appreciated too, just glad I to have helped.

Advertising from our partners