KUKA FREEZED SCREEN

• Hello guys, how you doing? I have a KUKA KRC4 Smallsize2 with KSS 8.5.8 and I was normally using the Smartpad all day, and in the end of the day, I just turned the switch from the controller to OFF, to normally turn the robot off. In the next day, I turned the controller on and the smartpad was frozen in the initialization screen (KUKA in orange and background in white), after 10/15 minutes the screen just blacks out and when press any button at the bottom corner appears "Please wait... booting." . There is something I can do to make the smartpad work again? Thanks

• batteries ok and connected? if batteries are weak, powering down could lead to corruption of HDD.

it is not clear if the issue is smartPad or KRC. probably KRC. to check, connect external monitor before powering up. you may leave smartPad unplugged (otherwise you would need to login meaning you will also need keyboard and mouse) then see if controller runs, if HMI starts ok and if there are any messages or clues what may be going on.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• yup, but it could also be something that controller already fixed.

so i would say just try the original smartPad again, it costs you nothing to try.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello? I have the same problem with the same version of krc4, I also changed another smart pad; it works fine, but when I reconnect the original smart pad the problem comes back: what can be done to correct this smart pad. who can help me and thanks in advance.

• you need to get your smartPad repaired or replaced. if doing repair, contact your local KUKA rep for making necessary arrangements.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners