Spin Control

• what problems can I face when transferring data from a controller of a c-series to an e-series

Depends what data you are referring to.

User Data such as programs, locations and variables, no problems.

Generally Robot Data is not advisable due to structure/firmware differences and application change possibilities.

System Data is relatively compatible, such as dedicated signals, system switches, but not sure about fieldbus.....these may produce errors.

Aux Data is relatively compatible, such as home locations, axis limits, clamp functions, workspaces, Block program settings,

Interface Panel will transfer, but may not be an identical copy due to change/swap of functions between controller series.

Something really that needs some diligence when carrying out as opposed to assumptions.

D and E are a lot more compatible.......But C and E requires some reviewing first.

If you get a txt comparison app like Winmerge and compare a C and E Controller backup, you should be able to see what appears compatible or not.

Especially if you create 'individual section backups' of Robot Data, System Data, Aux Data etc and compare them.

You will see the direct differences then and with Winmerge, you can easily copy and paste from one file to another, so this may help.

• Prior to KROSET, Kawasaki supplied an app called PC-Roset. (I believe this was their 1st simulator)

This was on OLP which covered C and D Series Controller and included arms F, K, U, M, Z Series Arms.

It was very difficult to use and wasn't brilliant and then they released KROSET which was a significant improvement.

Be worth having a word with your local distributor, see if they still have a copy of PC-Roset they could provide (it's not supported now though I think), alternatively KROSET which I think includes a 'Paint' version of C Controller (K Arm only), that maybe something worth asking about too.

Advertising from our partners