Collision Detect Error without even colliding or touching the part

• Guys - I sometimes get collision detect error on my Fanuc robot

I always check the joint values after getting this to make sure all joint are within my axis limits

And they always are, none of my joints are at extreme or close to extreme

My weld wire is also not touching anything , its far away from the clamp or part or surface

My collision sensitivity is 60%

Is there anyother reason for this ????

• I have received collision alarms & OVC on welding robots in hot environments; flux-core welding 450+ amps with hour long cycle times. Changing speed and motion path on large joint moves would solve that issue.

• did you checked if there is a air bubble in the transmision?

how much current is the engine pulling when you are getting this Alarm?

I had the same behavior few weeks ago.. in my case it was the Engine.. after we changed it the Problem disappeared.

• Another thing worth considering is if you have a linear move that is close to your last taught point, but with joint angles that have the robot in a different posture. The robot may try moving fast enough to error out on an axis speed limit, and if it's already moving fast enough the sudden stop may trigger a collision alarm. What is the specific error you are getting, and how does it appear? What I mean is are you getting a yellow warning like this one, or just an alarm in the message window and fault history?

CdsHqqF.jpg

Advertising from our partners