MotoSim EG-VRC 2020 crashes on restore

• I got an error on the PP, when I tried to save a job with the JobPad.

I did'nt catch a screenshot, but it said something with "System [JOB]"

After MotoSim crashed, I tried to load my save, but all of a sudden my GP12 is misplaced, and "split apart" in the CAD-tree.

The PP hangs on boot, and everything seems broken.

I went to Options -> Backup, and tried to Restore one of the backups. This results in an instant shutdown of the software - i.e. no error messsage, doesnt hang. Just closes the software.

Any suggestions? If the project file is corrupted, is there a way to pull out the Userframe, Tool and Job-files - everything else is quick to reproduce.

• I managed to save my TOOL, UFRAME, IFPANEL and VAR from an old backup, by opening the zip-file and extracting the VRC.BIN.

I could then create a new cell in MotoSim, and restore from VRC.BIN.

By copying the *.mdl files from the corrupted cell, I didn't have to create all objects either.

Not ideal, but still better than starting from scratch.

• There is a backup file of the cmos.bin that is saved every time you shut down the motosim.

So only thing you need to do is create a new simulation using existing file (cmos.bin), from the folder is the simulation that is crashing

• Seems like I'm having a similar problem (MotoSim EG-VRC 2018). I tried to save via Job Pad and push to a live controller via Ethernet. MotoSim crashed and now I can't move jobs between my live and simulated controller. Great software! :upside_down_face:

What's the best way to recover? I have a CMOS.bin I can pull from the live DX200 controller (there's no CMOS.bin I can see from the MotoSim backups), but I need the user frames, tool interference, etc from the simulation.

• Seems like I'm having a similar problem (MotoSim EG-VRC 2018). I tried to save via Job Pad and push to a live controller via Ethernet. MotoSim crashed and now I can't move jobs between my live and simulated controller. Great software! :upside_down_face:

What's the best way to recover? I have a CMOS.bin I can pull from the live DX200 controller (there's no CMOS.bin I can see from the MotoSim backups), but I need the user frames, tool interference, etc from the simulation.

By default every time you save the Project motosim save the backup of the robot.

in the cell folder, search for the folder of the controller you want and ther is a filé vrc.bin and vrc.bin.bak

Those are backups when you have last saved the simulation.

• By default every time you save the Project motosim save the backup of the robot.

in the cell folder, search for the folder of the controller you want and ther is a filé vrc.bin and vrc.bin.bak

Those are backups when you have last saved the simulation.

Seems like I'm having a similar problem (MotoSim EG-VRC 2018). I tried to save via Job Pad and push to a live controller via Ethernet. MotoSim crashed and now I can't move jobs between my live and simulated controller. Great software! :upside_down_face:

As said by ljuba, you need to look for a VRC.bin, and not a CMOS.bin.

Then you can restore your simulation from that, and save the needed jobs, tools etc.

Then grab the CMOS.bin from your controller, create a new simulation from that, and import your files.

After that, avoid the Job Pad like the plague! :winking_face:

If you need to write jobs with a text editor, try the Job Editor - it works fairly well, despite being just as much a blast from the 90’s, as the rest of the Motoman software suite! Good luck :smiling_face:

• Helpful, thank you.

As a rule of thumb, what do you use to get jobs (or other parameters) between a controller and simulation/offline? The onsite Yaskawa application tech suggested just using USB on the pendant. 90s much? :loudly_crying_face:

I'm coming from the KUKA world (I never thought I'd say I missed Workvisual, but here I am...), and I'm used to being able to push/pull over ethernet without an issue.

• In MotoSim you can do it in online function/file manager but the 90's style you'll face with. I worked with KUKA and ABB and both was much more better from this point of view. I got errors when I tried to upload (from pendrive) them back to the controller (where they run before). The problem was that weeks before I started to use alias function and there was some variables which was named (wrongly) before I used alias function. The controller let to run the programs with wrongly named variables but nut let to upload back them. Another error under when upload from pendrive: Not found NOP or END line, but the program was exactly the same what I saved before... I repaired some of the programs, but some of them should be rewrote on pendant.

Advertising from our partners