Staubli CSC8CHP triggering Move/Hold key from PLC

• Hi,

I am working on integrating a milling cell compromising of: Staubli TX200L and CS8CHP controller. I am using a Siemens failsafe PLC to manage all safety functions and to control the spindle inverter and spindle. I would like to be able implement a "feed hold" functionality (pause robot movement, category 2 STOP) that can be triggered by the PLC.

As the robot cell is being used by many people using different post processors I would like to implement this in hardware (as much as possible) so it doesn't rely on the user having the correct interrupts within their program. I would like the PLC to be able to pause the robot movement when an instruction from the robot to the spindle cannot be executed or needs a certain amount of time to be completed. The CS8CHP manual states this can be achieved with the "remote MCP" option however this disables the pendant and I would like to keep the pendant functionality. I would like to be able to map the "move/hold" key to an USER-IN input or IO inputs. I am relatively new to Staubli and am unsure if this can be done or how to implement it. Any help or tips welcome, thank you in advance.

Best,

Vince

Advertising from our partners