VNC for Remote View

• it is a form of remote desktop, like realVNC or tightVNC

idea is

on KRC: login as expert, minimize HMI, install server portion of the VNC, setup suitable IP address, make sure server starts on powerup.

on PC: install client server portions of VNC, setup suitable IP address, connect to server

then one can use client to access KRC and transfer files or control the HMI from own computer

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi,

I know that.

Problem:

If he wants to the vnc with a robot than there are problems with Single Point Of control (in T1 and T2) and therefore the versions you suggested are not recommanded

If he only wants to view he set up the KUKA VGA Graphics card that the screen can also be seen on a second monitor (no problem with SPOC).

KUKA sold a vnc called KUKA.NSM V1.1 (works also for KSS V5.4) and is SPOC conform, but maybe not sold anymore.

This was actually what I meant with my stupid question

regards

MOM

• Thanks, for the answers. I basically want to see the kuka screen on my laptop, and make it easier for me to move files around. My kuka is old and has limited memory, so sometimes I need to remove programs, to make space, and then I also need to edit my main program, so that it compiles correctly etc. I could add a keyboard and mouse, but space is limited on the production floor, and I don't want the operators to access it anyway.

When I navigated thru the files on the C drive, under utilities I did see a VNC.exe file of sorts, but I dont know how to execute the file.

How do I minimize the HMI on the KR C2 ?

• Iirc: ctrl esc

CTRL-ESC is the correct key combo. However, it only works if you are logged in as Expert or higher. Also, if you are using the pendant keyboard, you'll have to turn off the Num Lock so that the ESC key on the numeric keypad acts as ESC instead of a number.

This will open up the Windows menu. At this point, you can start using Windows as if on a regular PC. Then Alt-Tab to get back to the KUKA HMI when you are done. As I recall, TightVNC worked best as the "server" program on the KRC2.

• Don't use a wifi dongle, that needs installation of drivers and additional confgurations in the system (may be it works, but no guarantee). Always use the already existing network plug. The other things are up to you and your network requirements.

You can connect a cable, a switch or a wireless hub via cable to the network interface of the robot (some have already a switch installed).

• EDIT: I found it on the numeric keys

I don't know if I am missing something, but where do I find the CTRL key to get to the desktop ?

I don't see it on the KR C2, teach pendant, unless its a softkey and I need to be logged in as admin

Edited once, last by MaxG ().

• Hi

Do I need a network switch for this, or will a crossover network cable work or maybe even a wifi dongle?

I do not recommend a crossover network cable.

Use a switch, it is not very expansive, but saves a lot of time, searching for a non exististing problem(like timing problem)!

• Never had a problem with crossover cables, except a small amount of krc2 controllers that didn't activate the network interface when nothing was connected during boot time. In that case a switch is a good solution, if he is switched on before booting the controller.

Advertising from our partners