Edit program without WorkVisual

• Hello y'all, I have a KUKA KRC4 and I need to delete some lines in a program. I could do it with WoV with no problem, and send to the client the project so he can deploy it. Problem is, he does not have WoV. I tried to unzid the archive, modify the program on WoV, save the project and then zip it again. But for some reason the robot does not accept the archive after I unzip it and zip it again. The following error occurs: "The file could not be located: 427307:\C\KRC\Roboter\Config\System\Common\CabCtrl.xml". The question is, there is a way to modify a program without WoV or the Smartpad it self? Thanks!

• Of course. Open the program in Smartpad, edit and close again. Or shutdown the SmartHmi with active cold boot, go to the folder with the desired program, edit and restart smart hmi again.

Fubini

• For me the best method is to use OrangeEdit or Notepad++ (if changes are very small) and then send files to client

I usually ask for client to copy latest program from KRC and send to me, just to avoid old version deployment. The only requirement is any USB stick at clients side.

• I have OrangeEdit, I make the changes and when I try to save a "Acess violation, check them whether the file is write-protected or hidden" appers. On the archive properties, there is no option to disable write-protection or something.

• Well, if You just need to edit some files, Your client doesn't necessarily need to deploy the complete project again.

You can extract only the modified files, send it to them, and they can just upload the modified files, with a usb stick, for example.

• I have OrangeEdit, I make the changes and when I try to save a "Acess violation, check them whether the file is write-protected or hidden" appers. On the archive properties, there is no option to disable write-protection or something.

probably because you are trying to edit file that is still ZIPed (so editor is trying to work with temporary file extracted who knows where). always extract file yourself of you wish to edit it (and make sore to have a copy) then try to edit.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners