How to disable &ACCESS RV and &REL from files on KRC4

• Hi

I am starting to use Git version control for all my KRC program folders.

One problem I am facing is that Kuka likes to add a &REL# and &ACCESS RV# to the top of each src and dat file. It does it quite frequently, even when I don't make a change to the files.

So I might go and change 1 line of 1 file, and Git will detect that there are 20 different files changed, because their &REL number increased on various files. This is quite annoying, especially for when I am trying to find specific changes in my Git history, and 99% of the changes are these revision numbers.

Is there a way to get rid of these auto-generated lines at the top of the source and dat file?

I am running KRC4s from 8.3.33 to 8.6.4

Thank you.

• no since they are generated automatically and used by KSS

you could reduce number of times files change by keeping declarations of variables in DAT file in a separate DAT if they are initialized there.

so any line in DAT file with = sign would need to be moved (and made global).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• That's too bad.

If I made a script that could delete those lines that I could run before staging my Git changes, would you see any harm in that?

In other words will deleting those lines cause problems for the controller? Or can it just auto-generate them again when it needs to?

• that would be no issue at all, they will be generated automatically if program modules are restored.

to make sure WoV does not complain again about things you may have already suppressed, i would say do not strip &PARAM SUPPRESS

for example this may contain various options that you may have activated. but they have no effect on usability of program module - just warnings in WoV.

it may look somethings like

&PARAM SUPPRESS = UnusedFunction UndeclaredFunction AssignmentLoosesPrecision DangerousCast UndeclaredId

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Git has support for ignoring certain files, and a Git expert may be able to figure out a way to ignore lines, but it kind of goes against the way Git tracks file changes and stores breadcrumbs.

I ended up making a WPF program where a user can select the KRL directory, and each file has lines including &ACCESS and &REL removed. Works nicely.

• Hi Micahstuh!

Apologies for answering to an old thread like this.

Would you mind sharing your program? I am similarly annoyed to have my commits overwhelmed with changed files.

Kind regards,

Tembai

Advertising from our partners