IMG Restore is looking for FROM63

• Greetings.

A college recently made an IMG restore from our latest Robot Backup. Right after finishing it the Menu looked completely different (it had the iMenu). So my college thought it was the wrong Backup. He then proceeded with restoring an older IMG Backup, but now the system is stuck at looking for FROM63.

After further inspection, I can guarantee both files are from the same Robot. Any idea why the iMenu was shown, and why the system is looking for the FROM63 file? We have 6 Robots of the exact model, and all of them have FROM files until FROM62.

Also, when trying to restore now, the restoration gets stuck at Reading FROM01 now. What did we do wrong?

Edited once, last by M_Benton ().

• Probably a corrupt drive when you tried to reload the image, try loading the image onto a PCMCIA Card and load it again. The I menu will appear after a fresh restore and can just be disabled from FCTN>FUNCTION 2>(9) DISABLE HMI MENUS.

• We are trying with memory cards of 32MB and 256MB. Still no luck.

The LED number on the main card shows Alarm 6. The manual says it needs a new card. But I think it's too much just for trying to load a backup...

I tried doing a INIT Start with no results. Do you think that removing the Controller Battery to wipe everything and then load the backup might help?

• We went directly to FANUC's office and tested the whole main board on one of their robots. It presented the same issue. We changed the FROM/SRAM card and the Robot allowed us to restore the backup.

So it looks like it was a faulty card. We still don't know why it happend, we left the card in FANUC hands so they could check it and give us a diagnosis.

Also thanks Erik for the tip on how to disable that HMI menu. I will make sure they don't get scared by it next time.

Advertising from our partners