Robot problem

• Hello robot user,

Greeting from me to all the members of this page!

I am the beginner tothe Fanuc robot.

Currently I have a robot M-20iA robot with R-30iB controller. The battery was dead so I replaced a new one but after that we can not move the robot to Org (AO _Home). Could anyone here please propose for me the solution for this case?

Many thanks in advanced!

• First do a reset on the robot. Press the deadman switch + shift + reset at the same time.

Then look if you got any active alarms under MENU->ALARM->ALARM LOG. Sometimes you land in the alarm history when you navigate there, press F3 to switch to active alarms if that's the case. Changes are some data got lost because of the dead batteries but that will show up in the alarm list.

• First do a reset on the robot. Press the deadman switch + shift + reset at the same time.

Then look if you got any active alarms under MENU->ALARM->ALARM LOG. Sometimes you land in the alarm history when you navigate there, press F3 to switch to active alarms if that's the case. Changes are some data got lost because of the dead batteries but that will show up in the alarm list.

Hello Tom,

At first, I am very thankful for your fast respond!

Some of my friends tell me that I should set up the home position again because it was lost while changing the battery without power up. But I am the first time use this robot branch so I have no idea with the next step!

In your opinion, shall I need to do some more setting after reset the robot?

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you very much!

• I guess this is a good first lesson; Never change batteries with the power off.

Which battery did you change, the ones in the base of the robot or the battery on the main board inside the controller cabinet?

If it was the batteries in the base of the robot you will have a BZAL alarm and must remaster the robot.

If it was the battery in the controller then you must reload an image backup or reinstall the software.

• Hi HawkMe,

I did remaster the robot and now it can work normally.

Thank you for your help!

Advertising from our partners