Connect to Robot via Internet

• What generation and for what? YRC has remote pendant. As long as I have internet service I can connect to the controller and browse. I can not jog the robot, turn servos on, or start the robot. But I can look at all the jobs and navigate through the screens.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I worked with YRC remote pendant via web browser but it is when we are connect to the controller via its network, i want to connect controller from out of company that robot is connected and i want to check the alarms and working of robot from my office via Internet.

In normal connection the robot and YRC remote pendant are in same network but i will connect from other network.

• That's no different than doing it locally as far as the robot goes.

You just need to connect the robot to the network with an IP that does not change just for itself, and open in the router the TCP/UDP ports that the software uses for that IP. The way this works, when the router detects a petition from the outside for that particular IP and port, it lets the traffic through. If you do not set these rules the router doesn't let any traffic come by. It's actually the same procedure as 'opening the ports' for Counter Strike and World of Warcraft, you will find tons of guides if you search for those.

Mind you this literally opens your robot to the entire internet. Not just the robot but whatever device connected holding that IP, including a computer. This is probably why you heard the term VPN. In order to make it safe from the outside you either need to create a VPN or install a physical firewall connected to the router.

• So the procedure is:

• Disable in your office router DHCP, or enabled just a range of IPs so you can save a static IP for your robot

• Link in the router this IP to the robot's MAC address

• Set up in the router the 'port forwarding' rules, allowing incoming traffic for the robot's IP. If you are just using a web browser, the rule looks something like:

IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Ports: TCP 55000 forwards to 80, 550001 forwards to 443. UDP 55000 to 80, 55001 to 443

You router has to be capable of forwarding ports to other ports.

Your whole office network only has one door to the outside, the public IP that your ISP gives you. Port forwarding sends all the traffic coming to this IP and a specific port to a local IP and a port, the ones you set in the rule. It's the port who tells the router 'this goes to computer 1 or 2'. If you forward all traffic of port 80 (websites) to your robot the rest of computers won't see any of internet.

That's why you have to use higher ports that nothing use, like 55000. Whatever sends to your router through this port will communicate directly to the robot.

• Reboot router

• Boot the robot in maintenance mode and assign it this IP in the ethernet configuration.

• Connect the robot to the router network.

• Type your public IP in your browser, and add :55000 or :550001

If this works in your office it already works everywhere, since typing your public IP makes your computer use internet. But as I said, if it's open to you it's open for everyone.

Advertising from our partners