Measuring positions while moving robot

• I Have a KUKA KR 120 palletizing robot.
    I want to make the robot move along the Z axis of a stack with pallets and record, with a sensor the positions of the pallets. But i cant see a way to do soo. I have tried different ways of looping the movment soo the robot only goes 2 millimeters before checking and repeating the motion. But both loops and WHILE Loops excecutes an advance stop, the function works, its just too slow and looks bad. Any one with any leads on what i'm doing wrong or an better idea, of how to make this possible?

But both loops and WHILE Loops excecutes an advance stop

advance run point is a very important concept. this is why for anyone working with robots, one of the first things one should learn is what advance run pointer is, how it works, how to use it, what are the risks, when and how to control it.

both advance run and interrupts are discussed many times, just use search function.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you soo mutch, i looked into the older threads as you said. I found one your exsamples on measuring. it was a real eye opener. thank you soo mutch for the help.

Advertising from our partners