FANUC Touch-up tracking

• I am trying to set up an automated way to record position changes. When touching up a program, is there a readable signal when "F5 Touchup" is pressed? Or is there a way to assign it to a DO? Or, is there a way to directly pull that position data, dump it into a text file, then offload it periodically? I know I can use LPOS to record the position, but I don't know how I would trigger it automatically (BG) or have it create a list rather than constantly updating the PR.

Any help is appreciated.

• I do know a guy that once wrote a key logger in Karel. Now his third shift can't say "it just did it by itself".

F5 = TPIN[134] and Shift+F5 = TPIN[141]

Karel is definitely old school, but the right programmer can make it do just about anything.

• I do know a guy that once wrote a key logger in Karel. Now his third shift can't say "it just did it by itself".

F5 = TPIN[134] and Shift+F5 = TPIN[141]

Karel is definitely old school, but the right programmer can make it do just about anything.

Haha, nice. Use the %INVISIBLE compiler directive, and they would never know.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• So many ways invented to spy on a robot's usage. Can't you guys just.... ask? :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

It really depends on the plant's culture. Some plants I've been in foster a "no one gets personally blamed" mentality, and production personal and maintenance will come to you whenever they screw something up.

Other plants, it seems like everyone is out to screw everyone else, so any screw ups are hidden as fast as possible. That or you just get the one asshole that will deny everything without hard evidence pinning him to the act.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• I agree with Nation on this one. It all comes down to plant culture. Humility is great when it is respected, but this is not always the case. The best plants I travel to embrace the fact that people will make mistakes.

Advertising from our partners