Regarding Path Planning along with Static and Dynamic obstacle avoidance

• I have to make a waiter robot which should be able to determine the path to the customer. Also the robot must be able to avoid both dynamic and static obstacles (While moving towards the customer) Here dynamic obstacles are human beings and other waiter robots and static obstacles are tables,chairs etc. So please tell me what is solution to this problem. How should I do it?

• Really. You want an answer to this complex and still highly researched topic within a forum? All I can say to this is: read the corresponding scientific publications. Afterwards write the robot controller software yourself.

You have to be a lot more specific so we can at least try to point you in the direction. Maybe you can lookup the internet. Here you might come up with some science platforms dealing with similar requirements your system would need to fullfill.

Just one example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fubini

• I want to achieve 3 things

1 The mobile waiter robot must be able to figure out the path that leads to customer table

2 it should be able to avoid static obstacles

3 it should be able to avoid dynamic obstacles

The whole thing would work in real time and path planning and obstacle avoidance would go side by side .

• I have to make a waiter robot which should be able to determine the path to the customer. Also the robot must be able to avoid both dynamic and static obstacles (While moving towards the customer) Here dynamic obstacles are human beings and other waiter robots and static obstacles are tables,chairs etc. So please tell me what is solution to this problem. How should I do it?

Take a look at https://www.ros.org/, mainly on their Wiki page.

I think there will be a good start.

• I completely agree with Fubini. The forum is about helping people that are trying to learn and have put forth effort. It is for helping with specific and relatively quickly solvable problems. This is not the place to get someone else do do all of the work for you, especially for something complex requiring many hours of R&D effort.

That being said if you put forth effort and have a specific question then others would be glad to help.

An example of a valid question is: you want advice on what sensor could be used to stop the robot if it gets too close to an obstacle.

An example of an invalid question is: please someone else develop a multi-million dollar system for me for free in a single forum post.

same way human would do it...

your robot need to distinguish things in the world around it. for example differentiate customers from static and dynamic obstacles.

then you need to attempt to close the distance while avoiding all obstacles. that is the solution.

to get human to do this task, you need to raise it (teach it how to walk without falling or hitting obstacles), educate it (how to perform actual task without thinking about intricacies of walking, changes in surrounding such as light and sound), provide it with energy, etc. your system should mimic that.

check out sensing, kinematics, SLAM, odometry, particle filters, etc. each of those is a massive undertaking and long term commitment so.... good luck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_localization_and_mapping

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners