SR-6ia Pushing foce estimation

• Hello

I have an application using a SR-6ia to push nut insert into a part. I need to be able to send an estimate of the force used to push the insert into the part.

I was looking into using MISC[1].$HPD_TRQ[3] which is the disturbance torque, but from what i understand, this is a percentage of the total torque of servo.

What system variable should i be looking at to find the total torque on the servo, so i can use the MISC[1].$HPD_TRQ[3] value to calculate the torque used to push the insert.

thanks

• I will warn you, J3 is not just a linear axis. There is a rotational component of J4 to make J3 go up & down, you can see the rotation right at the housing as the spindle moves. Which makes skipping to the torque value very sketchy. It is not as accurate or responsive as you think it should be. In the application I did with the SR-6iA, you could actually see J1 lifting as I was pushing down. But it was the only thing I had to use...

• I am not to worried, the forces being used are quiet low and we only had to adjust collision detect sensitivity a bit to be able to push down on the part. I just want to be able to measure the force being used

Advertising from our partners