Faster Lin motions

• Hello,

I was wondering is there a possibility to make lin motion to go faster than 2m/s.

* As far as the axis velocities goes currently they are working about 50% as they go in this lin motion at 2m/s (the motion mostly is A1 motion with extended arm so axis doesn't need to work as hard).

* The accuracy is not important here. I can have +-3mm from path.

* KRC compact KSS 8.3.37; KR10 R1100 sixx

* I'm asking because i'm lazy and don't want to add a bunch of PTP motions which are hard to predict and will make a messy program

* The programming is done via MxAuotomation, but knowledge how to make it in KRL would be helpful as well

Simas

• that should be in KRC:\R1\System\$CONFIG.DAT

you can search for things using WorkVisual

btw Agilus arm is not very long. and for a given move distance is fixed.

so to reach higher speeds over short distance you need .... acceleration.

as everyone learned in high school, basic Newtonian motion is described as follows

(for simplicity with no initial values)

v=a*t

a=x*t^2 / 2

this tells that with infinite reach and enough of time you can get high velocity... eventually (like NASA ion engine).

but robot arm is no spacecraft, it has limited reach, and we don't have infinite space and time.

so we need to turn the equations around to see what else we get.

doing some basic algebraic operations using those same basic equations you get

v=sqrt(2*a*x)

which is speed expressed as a function of distance rather than time.

interpretation:

sqrt is square root (a monotone function, not linear but always increasing) and ... it is not something we can change

number 2 is a constant (so we cannot change it)

x is the distance traveled which is normally fixed for given motion (and limited by robot arm reach)

so... the only thing left to get increased velocity is the increased acceleration.

and to get larger acceleration you need one or more of following:

reduce inertia (reduce loads) and use correct load data. this is something you can change

increase programmed acceleration value. this is something you may change

use more powerful motor. this is something you cannot change that on a factory robot

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners