laser sensor with ethernet communication

• hey, guys,

i got a problem about laser sensor connection using ethernet. following the manual, i set up TCP/IP and client tag in host comm, and call a karel program to turn on/off the sesnor which is working well. however, when i try to use sensor on[1] command in TP program, the sensor does not response. is there anything need to be defined additionally?

best regards,

Chen

• You need to provide more information. Which laser? Can you ping it from the robot? Could you post the Karel code? Are your ports setup correctly? Does the laser support a more common industrial protocol, so you don't have to roll your own?

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• You need to provide more information. Which laser? Can you ping it from the robot? Could you post the Karel code? Are your ports setup correctly? Does the laser support a more common industrial protocol, so you don't have to roll your own?

hi Nation,

thanks for your reply.

i used FUJI CAM laser sensor, and the ping from robot was successful. the Karel code also works well with the sensor, which means that my TCP/IP and client tag setting should be correct.

however, the problem is actually mroe about using sensor on[] function in TP program. i assumed that sensor on command has same functionality as call Karel code to turn on the sensor. With the successful setting of TCP/IP and client tag, it seems that the connection of laser sensor and controller is created successfully, but the sensor on[] function still not work properly. do you happen to know the reason for that? is there any other setting missing for using those sensor on/off, search and track command in TP program ?

regards,

Chen

Advertising from our partners