cant start kuka vkr 200/2 to run program

• Hi, im new in kuka´s world. I started to work last week and have to try a kuka vkr but i cant also iniziate it nor manual or automatic mode. Im thinking the problem can come from the fact the robots come from a factory and must be prepare to work in external automatic mode (plc). Can any of you guide me how to set it on normal automatic mode?

Sorry for my english

• danao

Changed the title of the thread from “cant start kuka vkr 200/2 to run progam” to “cant start kuka vkr 200/2 to run program”.
  • welcome to forum. please check pinned topic READ FIRST

it tells you among other things what to focus on, what are the key manuals etc.

system integrator manual tells you how to commission the robot system

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• true but that does not help the fact that robot does not move in manual mode either.

to make robot operational commissioning need to be done, including correct connections, correct powerup, correct wiring of safety circuit, etc.

this takes effort, training, and qualification. simply switching on is far from enough. and even if robot does move, that does not mean things are correct. this is why some units will work for years, while others may be heap of scrap metal in very short time.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• true but that does not help the fact that robot does not move in manual mode either.

to make robot operational commissioning need to be done, including correct connections, correct powerup, correct wiring of safety circuit, etc.

this takes effort, training, and qualification. simply switching on is far from enough. and even if robot does move, that does not mean things are correct. this is why some units will work for years, while others may be heap of scrap metal in very short time.

he does manual mode. I moved he lots of times. The matter is the external mode, Can i fix a link with the way to fix it i found?

• maybe try Google translate to verify your posts.

AutoExternal mode is well documented. Do you have issue with specific part or AutoExternal confguraiton?

3) read 1 and 2

• maybe try Google translate to verify your posts.

AutoExternal mode is well documented. Do you have issue with specific part or AutoExternal confguraiton?

sorry for my english again:frowning_face:

I cant find anything about how to run a program in external mode. I downloaded any manuals but there were nothing at all about it on them.

I tried to run the "test" program that comes in the vkrc for default and when i turn the selector to "automatic" appears: "T1/T2 required"

• then try reading pinned topic READ FIRST. it tells you how to ask question, how to find key documentation etc.

for example:

information about robot shape, size, payload has absolutely no value when asking for help with controller configuration or running program. those things are strictly controller functions and remain same regardless if robot arm is KR200 or KR6

key document is programming manual for system integrators. you should use version of document matching your controller and system software (which are still not mentioned).

when reporting about messages that show up on HMI, do not edit them or try to "simplify them". state them EXACTLY as they are... every dot, comma, upper or lower case letter, every space matters. and so does message number. "T1/T2 required" is far too ambiguous. just post the screenshot and let us decide what part of message(s) is important.

does your system have any I/O? do they work? can PLC control them? if any of those is answered "no", you will not be able to use AutoExternal until this part is corrected.

to run robot in ANY mode you need to get drives enabled, messages cleared, program selected and start issued.

which of those you have problem with?

basic steps (assuming all other prerequisites are already done) include:

choosing I/O range for handshaking

configuring AutoExternal I/O mapping

configuring CELL or equivalent program

which of those you have problem with?

3) read 1 and 2

• sorry panic mode, im new in this things. ill try do it better here in the future.

i´ll upload some captures about the problem tomorrow after making the process step by step in the purpose of be able of explain perfectly the case

• Those signals are sent from the PLC.Make connection with your PLC and do a handshake with your PLC programmer.

thanks for the answer spiral . im trying to connect the only one PLC i have (OMRON cqm1h-cpu51) but i believe that´s impossible to do because the PLC has a DB9 comunication port and the robot a BD15 port. im trying to find any information about it

• you still did not confirm controller type and KSS/VSS version

you need to wire some IO to and from PLC (or use feldbus) so....

do you have free inputs and outputs on your robot and PLC? how many? which ones?

are they compatible (same voltage range and polarity)?

are they connected to each other?

did you test them:

if you turn outputs on robot, does PLC see the input change value?

if you turn outputs on PLC, does robot see that as input value change?

3) read 1 and 2

• hi panic mode . i dont know what you mean with KSS/VSS version. Remember i´m new with KUKA.

The controler is KRC1 very old running W95.

are you saying to do the conexions directly on the I/Os of the controller from the plc? :neutral_face:. I´m trying to conect the plc by the comunication port now welding a comunication wire with db9 and db15 conectors.

I have a lot of free I/O in the robot. Both (robot and plc) works on 24 volts.

i dont know what you mean with KSS/VSS version. Remember i´m new with KUKA.

that is why in the very first response you got, i suggested reading pinned topic READ FIRST

The controler is KRC1 very old running W95.

i know that, but KUKA has made many controllers and KSS versions.

until now it was not clear what you have there and that is important piece of info.

I have a lot of free I/O in the robot. Both (robot and plc) works on 24 volts.

what do you mean ... exactly....?

robots normally have no I/Os. only have address space for I/O and option to add physical I/Os which is user responsibility.

sure you have 1024 inputs but... are they mapped to anything? does your robot have physical I/Os?

I´m trying to connect the PLC by the communication port...

that means both PLC and robot controller must have compatible communication ports.

soldering a communication cable with DB9 and DB15 connectors.

DB9 and DB15 tells shape and size of the connector and nothing else. it does not tell their current function on some device (PLC or KRC)

also this still does not tell what communication ports you are talking about, one device can have several DB9 connectors. each of them may have a different function and in general - presence of DB9 does not guaranty that it is used for some communication option. it could be power, I/O, some fieldbus (like PRofiBus) or .... literally anything else.

so when you want to ask for help, with "some DB9", you need to specify which exact DB9 we are talking about.

if it is one of DB9 on a PC, most likely it is some sort of RS232 port. if it is a KPC optional board, it is maybe one of following:

Looking at PLC sode, it has peripheral port and RS232C port.

Optionally it can have serial communication board wtih one RS232C and one RS422A/RS485 port.

so the only way you can exchange data in your case seem to be using RS232 cable (null modem type)

Note that this is not a fieldbus.... that means you need to writing code on both PLC and on KRC side.

and your code is not a system communication driver so it cannot write to inputs.

This means utilizing AutoExternal mode is not possible in such setup since AutoExternal requires I/O.

You could of course add I/O to KRC controller by means of DeviceNet. then you can have signals connected directly to/from PLC and use AutoExternal Mode.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners