How to use background logic?

• because i dont now when drop should be done. I have only one signal, if position of pallet is X then call transfer therefore checking signal should be independent of program run, must be monitoring all the time.

• In transfer sim are 2 lines of code, pick from first conv to gripper, and drop from gripper to the second conv. I use invisible gripper to transfer part between 2 conveyors. No matter what, if the part is on the end of the first conv, do transfer sim program.

• In Roboguide Im pretty sure any simulation using the gripper must be run in a normal TP program. If you need this to run independent of your robot motion then I think you will need to create a second invisible robot.

• because i dont now when drop should be done. I have only one signal, if position of pallet is X then call transfer therefore checking signal should be independent of program run, must be monitoring all the time.

Still a bit muddy on why you need to, but you can accomplish your BG logic task by using Macros instead - may need to utilize abort signals if the robot is busy with another program at the time you send the macro bit.

• I think he is just trying to show the part move from one conveyor to another in RoboGuide. This is more of a RoboGuide simulation issue not a robot programming issue.

Another option you can use is the create and destroy delay timers in Roboguide. You can use this to allow a part to automatically appear and disappear. If you get the timing right then it will look OK for simulation purposes.

Advertising from our partners