Its not my birthday but it sure feels like it!

• Looking good.....

That's quite a substantial cell indeed, plenty of area for test gear, storage and accessibility.

Will you be adding a small pedestal for the Robot at all - you will get a little more freedom of motion.

I don't know about your overall design, and do not really want to intrude by saying, 'you could have this' or 'you could have that'.....but I have to...

Something that I was going to implement in mine is:

1. Sliding shelf for the Controller and other equipment using

- https://accuride.metrol.com/li…3NmAZnEAYYByABEgIVXfD_BwE

2. Top hinged side table with lockable joints covering the sliding shelf area.

- Folds out to provide a work table for PC, Monitor, Laptops etc and include a lock, so when folded down, locked to secure the storage area.

So much potential there my friend, I find myself clawing at the screen in envy.....:respect:

Many thanks for sharing and looking forward to see the further developments......:top:

• I've definitely considered adding a pedestal, we'll see what's left in the budget after I get my electrical panel built. Designing that has been my main focus here lately. I love the suggestion of a slider for the controller and a programmers table/nook. We will be utilizing this as a complete automation trainer for our technicians so the control cabinet could be described as excessive, but in a awesome way. We are going to have a Compact Logix PLC with digital +analog IO, and Ethernet cards, a MicroLogix1500, a Kinetix Drive, a Powerflex 40 Drive, PVP7 HMI, a Wientek/Maples HMI. This will be my first complete integration from the ground up so its been a slow process but I think its going well!

• Stop it.........that's like a lingerie shop without a front window to me now......:bawling:

The table and shelf would allow a more all in one/secured unit then.....cos you know if things are exposed, they tend to grow legs in industry.

All AB route then......I suppose this is what you have sitewide then - be good to implement the fieldbus side then - Devicenet and Ethernet/IP.

Kinco are another good comparison to Weintek HMI's, cheap and cheerful and packed with the usual features.

Yes, I think a vision system would set that off quite nicely indeed, maybe a portable pneumatic generator for simple gripper operations too.

Very interested in watching this develop indeed......:top:

• We are going to have a Compact Logix PLC with digital +analog IO, and Ethernet cards, a MicroLogix1500, a Kinetix Drive, a Powerflex 40 Drive, PVP7 HMI, a Wientek/Maples HMI.

A possible addition of a vision system would be nice too, some time down the road.

This is a BIRTHDAY + CHRISTMAS + EASTER...........:redeyes: Ericwiz7923.....I'm watching you.

:biggrins::biggrins::biggrins:

• Yes we are an all AB plant, which is nice for when I'm designing curriculum for training. There's definitely days I'm pulling my hair out working with AB's idiosyncrasies though. I've attached my purchased options for the robot. Definitely Going to be utilizing Ethernet/IP. I'll check out Kinco as we are always looking for more equipment options. My boss loves the Weintek screens for their price point so we utilize them alot on smaller pieces of equipment. Problem we have is there is about 6 generations of Weintek screens on our shop floor and they all use different software so our technicians get all turned around on which one to use. I wont lie, I love FTVS ME for HMI work. I've been working on specing out the gripper today. There are so many options its a little over whelming.

• This is a BIRTHDAY + CHRISTMAS + EASTER...........:redeyes: Ericwiz7923.....I'm watching you.

:biggrins::biggrins::biggrins:

A lot of the Control components are "Scavenged" or coming from our in house stock. As of right now, not including the enclosure or robot I have about 2k spent on my BOM. Everything else has been aquired through "voodo" stockroom economics :winking_face_with_tongue:

Advertising from our partners