New to Kuka iiwa programming---error when I try to run program that i created

• I tried to run a simple sequence chart program I created but I am getting this error. (see attachment)

I called for the same virtual gripper that is used by one of their example programs but it wont work with my program for some reason--

How do I get past this issue?--

• I created the sequence program and defined the properties using the Sunrise software on a laptop then synchronized the project with the robot controller ---How do I "post the code"?---The documentation that came with this robot does not seem to include anything about programming. I am just figuring things out as i go.

• "post the code" means share it here on this forum - just like you did the error image.

without looking at what you did, we can only guess.

btw. the image you posted does not show entire output printed by error

what SunriseOS version you have? what documentation you have?

for example for SunriseOS 1.14 you need KUKA_SunriseOS_114_SI_en.pdf

SI = System Integrator version

do not bother with KUKA_SunriseOS_114_END_en.pdf

this is for end user, not for programmer

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I found the programming manual for SunriseOS 1.16 and got past the first error I was getting but I keep running into other issues trying to make the program I created run. Unless I missed it the manual doesn't talk about creating programs from sequence charts. Is there some other manual that provides information on using sequence charts? My knowledge of Java is not that great and I would like to build the majority of the program from sequence charts if possible.

• well... creating programs requires learning programming language used by the target platform.

for LBR programming language is Java but there is also a paid option called "ToolBox".

never used it but is is meant to allows building sequences by connecting blocks and this should be done straight from HMI.

One would only fall back to Java to develop new blocks if needed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• The block diagram that you are showing is what I am using. I believe it creates the Java code based on the parameters defined in the sequence blocks. I am running the software on a laptop, editing and creating programs then synchronizing with the robot controller. If the sequence block programming is part of something called "Toolbox" then I guess I need to try and find a manual for that.

• Did you create your tool on the Object Templates Tab?

You need to create Tool manually, then in your program you initialize it and attach it to your TCP.
    Post your java code so we can point you to what you're missing, otherwise like Panic mode said, we're just guessing from or previous experiences.

Advertising from our partners