Not linear trajectory

• Hi all,

Sometimes robot KUKA KR8 R2100 has strange linear trajectory. I recorded real poses from controller (red points at picture, there is high density of points because of small speed). Green points are program trajectory in src.
    It is LIN motion but looks like PTP. How can it be? It's rare case, 99% similar trajectories (with different coordinates) are good (linear).

TCP, load data are right. C_DIS = 0.5 mm but smoothing doesn't affect it because deviation is between points.

Linear commands:
    LIN FORWARD(joints[0], error_id) C_DIS
    LIN FORWARD(joints[1], error_id) C_DIS
    Joints are calculated by external computer. Green points are equal to joints after forward kinematics calculation.
    Right tool is set to variable $TOOL.

Scale is 1cm (right bottom corner). Smallest distance between program (green) points is ~1 mm. I am not sure but may be rebooting of controller helps for a time.

• Just to be sure about your data: how did you record the positions exactly? Oscilloscope alias Trace? Which channel? $Pos_act? AXIS_act?

Is the robot equipped with absolute accuracy?

How do the recorded positions relate to the joint positions?

Fubini

• try to set the tool with the bas might be not the whole solution but a try worth

Code
      FDAT_ACT         = FDEFAULT
      FDAT_ACT.BASE_NO = Base
      FDAT_ACT.TOOL_NO = Tool
      BAS (#FRAMES )

with the forward function im not sure if it is enough that u just set the tool frame .

because $ACT_TOOL still has the the old Value in maybe it uses the old tool.

using the BAS it sets $TOOL and $ACT_TOOL and other things too.

• Hi,

connecting the green points does not look like a linear movement to me!

How did you get the red points?

How do you get the joints[]?

How do you do your forward calculations?

Can you send me some useful data to have a closer look to the problem?

regards

MOM

• $AXIS_ACT and then calculating forward kinematics at external computer. Send to external computer via EthernetKrl.

No absolute accuracy...unfortunately.

We are calculating whole traj at external computer. Then calculate joints and send to KUKA. Green points is FKP of this joints. Red points - FKP of joints received from KUKA by reading $AXIS_ACT.

This problem is very rare. Robot can weld 24h many days and suddenly at one trajectory occurs this problem. I didn't write but robot also slows down during this motion.

• Green is ideal (program, from src). But red - real trajectory. Why 2 line

image shows points placed on two different straight segment. short one is on the left, long one is most of the screen.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If the problem only happens occasionally, then the first thing to look for is what parts of the process are not consistent. Since you are generating the trajectory from an external computer, what changes from one run to the next? The root cause is most probably something that only occurs rarely.

Advertising from our partners