Beginner question

• Hi I’m new here,

I’m working with a dx200, and a two ferris wheel rotator, I was wandering if there is a way (if so the easiest ) to have a program run for “x” cycles then stop,

thanks.

• If the cell came from the US there are already canned jobs dumped in. There is already a counter set up in the CLEAN job. I000 is used as the part counter. The counter is reset in the CLEAN job. In the Robot WORK-A or Robot WORK-B at the bottom is the INC I000.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Ah right..............

In Kawasaki they have a program command: EXECUTE program name, execution cycles, step no.

So in essence a simple instruction:

EXECUTE main,10

Would execute the main program 10 times without the requirements of boolean, logic or conditional arguments etc.

I take it Yaskawa Motorman do not have this type of 'language' available to it.......?

• Hi,

I'm a bit late...I was in holidays.

Yeah this is a very big difference between kawasaki and yaskawa.

On kawa side you have a "prompt command"(very very useful) in which you can use a lot of instruction, simply in yaskawa there is not.

The most important, in my opinion, is the way you have to recall a main program:

On kawasaki side you have to PRIME and of course you can do it from the terminal viceversa on yaskawa side you have a dedicated menu in which you set a master job that will be called each time you put the robot in automatic mode.

I've not enough experience but maybe even on kawasaki could exist this way of prime/call master.

• Motouser

Not going to go off topic.....but briefly

On kawasaki side you have to PRIME and of course you can do it from the terminal viceversa on yaskawa side you have a dedicated menu in which you set a master job that will be called each time you put the robot in automatic mode.

I've not enough experience but maybe even on kawasaki could exist this way of prime/call master.

Prime just loads the program into the stack (prepares it), whereas Execute will clear what is currently in the stack and execute it as long as all safety conditions are met, in repeat mode, teach lock off and motor power on and a program is not currently under execution.

Also, Kawasaki has the feature of auto priming a master program (not well documented though).

It's quite common for clients to have it configured as soon as you set the dedicated automatic output or go into repeat mode, to auto prime the master program.

Ask it in the Kawasaki Board and I'll explain more there.................

Advertising from our partners