Ir vision 2d 30iA

• Hi,

I’m beginner and I have one “problem”.

I have a iRVision 2d fixed frame offset, that pick one part of a pallet, it picks really ok, and when I move it it’s Ok too. But the “problem”is that one : the VR offset that I see is too much bigger then the reallity : example : I move the part +20mm and in the VR I see +35 ... help please and thanks!!!

• Hi

Roboter321

Welcome to the robotforum

I think i see the problem. You calibration is not good, Check the size of the grid, check the camera lens. Also while calibrating the software will tell you how far away the lens from the grid is. Check taht also

You pick the first part correct because it is your master part, then when you go for your second part that is a 20mm away, the robot moves to a calculated position of 35. Meaning the triangulation is incorrect

Retired but still helping

• Hi !!

yes, but the second piece takes it well, sometimes the value of the Vr [x] of the first piece also gives me strange values, the robot always corrects well "I think", next week I will review it for any failure

Thanks

• Sorry, I forgot to comment, I checked the grid spacing and it is correct, the camera lens and the maximum fit error in the calibration is 0.2 , all the points are between 0.02-0.2 of fit error

2 planes calibration.

I reiterate that what seems strangest to me is that despite saying that the robot corrects 70mm for example in the VR, it really corrects 20 and takes the piece well without problems

• I think a coordinate transformation occurs when you execute a motion command with a VR offset. In other words, the offset values in the VR are not directly added to the master pick position.

I have had a similar experience. I took offset values from the VR and copied them into a PR. Then I executed a motion command with a PR offset but the pick would be incorrect. But if I use the VR offset it works fine.

Advertising from our partners