Configure EthernetIP protocol

• Hello,

I have a Kuka KR 60-3 and a welding machine (Citowave III) that can be connected through EtherNetIP protocol.

I've been trying to connect the two devices together but so far, no success.

Here are the details:

KSS 8.5.7 HF1

Robot: 192.168.133.9

Welding machine: 192.168.133.50

I've also added a generic device where I'm setting the EDS and IP address of the welding machine as well as IO mapping

My questions:

1. Is EDS necessary to connect the two devices?
    2. Is I/O mapping necessary to start the EtherNetIP protocol?
    3. Is it possible to connect the welding machine to the port KONI? Or it can only be connected through KLI?
    4. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

• zaidb

Changed the title of the thread from “EthernetIP protocol” to “Configure EthernetIP protocol”.
  • 1. absolutely yes.... but you may be also use generic one too

2. absolutely yes... On KRC end, EIP will not even try to run unless there is some data to move

3. only through KLI because that is the port uses by EIP. KONI is for VisionTech, not EIP

4. you did not state what EDS you use and how it is setup, or what I/O mapping you use

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

1. Is EDS necessary to connect the two devices?
    2. Is I/O mapping necessary to start the EtherNetIP protocol?
    3. Is it possible to connect the welding machine to the port KONI? Or it can only be connected through KLI?
    4. What am I doing wrong?

1) Yes, it is. The best option is load the EDS provided by the machine manufacurer on WorkVisual

2) Technically speaking, the bus can "work" without the mapping, but this would be like post a letter without the sender and receiver addresses. Signals won't arrive where they should be.

3) As far I know, isn't. KONI is used for specific applications, like vision systems.

4) Is difficult to bet.

But you are sure the welding machine is properly configured with the 192.168.133.50 ip address? You can ping the machine, or see it with other tool?

And I would try to use the specific EDS provided by the vendor as well.

Advertising from our partners