Updating RoboGuide cell with real-world robot backup

• Morning, all. A quick (hopefully!) question about RG.

I used a full backup of my real-world robot to create a "digital twin" in RG. That made it a lot easier to work on, and I exported programs to sneakernet over to my controller. That worked fine, but afterword, I also made changes on the real robot -- SRs, some DCS dimensions, etc. I've figured out how to import TP and PC files from backup, but I'm not clear on how to update my digital twin to the real robot's current condition in all respects. The brute-force solution would be to delete my current RG cell, and build a new one from the up-to-date robot backups, but that seems awfully crude. Is there a better way to go about this?

And while we're on the subject, is there a way to get a "difference list" between a RG cell and a real-world robot? I mean, to get RG to compare a real-robot backup to an existing virtual one, and list out the differences?

• "Permission Denied."

I hit Serialize, then used the "create from backup" option, and pointed it at my most recent backup from the real-world robot. I got a message that "the robot has been changed and must be restarted," and about 60sec later got this:

And then left the cell in an unusable state, and crashed RG hard. :loudly_crying_face:

After restarting, I used Serialize again, but this time chose the "create as modification of existing robot" option. This one worked, but never gave me an option to choose a backup to draw from -- just a list of Fanuc options to de/select.

• First, Roboguide needs to be installed as administrator and run as administrator. Second, restart your computer. Third, sometimes I've had success with copying the backdate.dt file from a previous roboguide save point over the one from the real robot then using that to reserialize. Why that should make any difference, I have no idea. Roboguide is infuriatingly glitchy particularly when trying to reserialize from a backup.

• First, Roboguide needs to be installed as administrator and run as administrator. Second, restart your computer. Third, sometimes I've had success with copying the backdate.dt file from a previous roboguide save point over the one from the real robot then using that to reserialize. Why that should make any difference, I have no idea. Roboguide is infuriatingly glitchy particularly when trying to reserialize from a backup.

Well, restarting RG as Admin seemed to do the trick. Which is weird, b/c I am the Admin on this computer. Oh, well.

Glitchy? You don't say! :jumping:

Advertising from our partners