system variables for userframe position

• hi Guys,

I am looking for a system variable that given the userframe position(x,y,z). does any expert happen to know the answer?

(I mean the current position using userframe coordination instead of the position of userframe.)

best regards,

Chen

• Hey Chen, I am not sure what you need the user frame values for but can you not use your position in world.

hey Mastro,

currently, I am using positioner's userframe. Thus, the xyz UF position is very different than WF position when positioner starts rotatation.

regards,

Chen

• What are you trying to accomplish?

Why try and reinvent the wheel when you can just use the tools that are made easily available?

hi pdl,

i am not talking about TP program, but using data monitor to record the position during robot movement. System variables can use as an item for data monitor and recording.

regards,

Chen

• $SV_INFO[1].$CART_POS ARRAY[6] OF REAL is the actual position in the World coordinates.

$SV_INFO[1].$CART_POS_UF ARRAY[6] OF REAL is the actual position in the active User Frame.

User Frame #0 is the same as World.

hi Troizky,

thanks for your reply.

the general purpose is to record the coordination of current position in user frame during the robot movement with data monitor. data monitor is an option that able to record register, real, axis and I/O. System variables can use as real for recording in data monitor. thus, i am looking for a system variable only.

your suggestion is applied in KAREL program i assume, but if checking my system variables in teach pendant, i cannot find $cart_pos_ufarray unfortunetly.

regards,

Chen

• You are right, mch_pos is relative to current Tool frame, but only in world frame. The SV_info varible looks interesting but not available on v8 or older.

If you know mch_pos and current user frame values then perhaps you could do the matrix transformation to calculate the position.

Advertising from our partners