Thanks for your comments and questions.
A quick summary of thread as it is quite long by now
- Interim target is to clone HDD of controller PC but controller PC did not come with HDD instead it has EDC in IDE slot of controller's PC MB. So the target is to clone ESD.
- To not mess with cloning on controller's PC I opted to do it on an old PC I have at home but that PC indeed only has plenty of SATA ports, no IDE plug on MB. So I got SATA to IDE (and vice versa) converters and hoped EDC cards will be recognized
- Yesterday I successfully launched Clonezilla on home PC but it failed to recognize EDC cards. pipo recommended to play with IDE mode. panic mode suggested turning off SMART mode. I did all that but unfortunately no combination lead to Clonezilla recognizing any of the 2 drives.
- Following pipo suggestion today I got to Hiren's Boot CD. USB for some reason did not work but I burned HirensBootCD 15.2 on CD and as the home PC has DVD drive. I successfully booted Mini Windows XP, got to Device Manager but did not see EDC or any HDD. Just to double-check that this booted windows recongnizes HDD I pluged one regular empty SATA HDD back, scanned for new devices and it found it. So issue seems to be with booted Mini Windows not recognizing EDC via SATA to IDE converter.
- I double-checked converter manual (link in next post). I assume I have to use SATA to IDE converter mode.