VRC Connection between KUKA.Sim Pro and KUKA.OfficeLite

• Hello,

I am trying to use the VRC option connecting my Sim Pro 3.0.5 simulation to Office Lite 8.3 but I can't manage to get it to work. Both softwares are licensed and working, with the VRC option installed in OfficeLite.

I've followed the manuals and tutorials online, but when I get to the step of creating the connection from Sim Pro it gets stuck in "Connecting" and doesn't continue to the next step of selecting the robot (with the KRC closed on the VM). I've tried both Bridged and NAT network adapter settings on the VM and I can ping both machines from the other one.

Has anyone had this problem? I tried to reach Kuka support but it's difficult contacting them in their working hours because of the difference in time zones. :icon_rolleyes:

• i am pretty sure that there is a Kuka support in your timezone too, where ever you may be. but, maybe they just lack someone local knowledgeable about SimPro. i don't use SimPro but as i recall, there should be license for three things: OL, VRC and SimPro. Without VRC there will be no connection from SimPro to OL

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• panic mode There is Kuka support in my time zone but for this kind of things I need to speak to those on Europe with 5hs difference. I've got the license for all components so that isn't the problem.

I've managed to speak to Kuka support now but they said I should use the VM's network adapter in NAT mode instead of Bridged but this way I don't even get ping between the VM and the physical machine. Either way, with Bridged mode I get ping between the machies but the communication between Sim Pro and OfficeLite still can't be established. Now I'm waiting to hear back from the simulation people in Germany, if they provide a solution I'll post it here.

dexterv I read abaout that on the forum so before posting I downgraded to 15.1.0build-13591040

• I can confirm I am using NAT mode for the network adapter. Are you saying you cannot ping anything from within the VM? You should definitely be able to, not talking Kuka related at all, just general networking. The NAT should use VMnet8 which is 192.168.21.x by default and should have access to your local net.

Edited once, last by dexterv ().

• I've fixed the connection issues with the help of Kuka support but I still can't connect SimPro to OfficeLite. When I enter the OfficeLite PC's domain and click connect nothing happens. SimPro gets stuck in "Connecting to (OL PC)" and in the VM the KrcVrc 2.0.1.4 Release icon appears in the lower right corner but that's it.

I can still open the KRC manually but it doesn't work when connecting to VRC.

I've even used Wireshark to check if there is any communication between machines and when the connection is started there seems to be exchange of TCP packets but I don't know enough about this to tell anything else about it.

Has anyone had this problem?

• Funnily, yes, I now have the same problem. The VRC starts but not the actual KRC and Sim Pro is stuck in "Connecting" I believe it might be a firewall issue, but am waiting on the ITs for access, will keep you posted after I investigate.

Edit: I can confirm it is a firewall issue, working after adding inbound rules for exes in the Sim PRO folder and for VMware, we did not have time to confirm which ones were needed exactly.

Edited once, last by dexterv: New info ().

• So this confirms my suspicion that this must be a network problem and nothing to do with the Kuka softwares instead. The thing is that I've turned off the firewall on both the guest and the host and configured the IPs correctly so that I can ping both machines from the other and it still isn't working.

In the attached images are the network configurations for my pc and the VM. Let me know if you find something strange in these. I've talked about this extensively with Kuka support but we couldn't find the solution.

• I've had a similar issue; not sure if you've resolved it. I read this post to resolved my issue with my minimal knowledge of networking.

Screenshot_4 has IP: 192.168.119.128. You should use that when prompted to enter "VRC host name" in KukaSim. Try setting it to a static IP on the same subnet as adaptor VMnet8 in Screenshot_3?

Advertising from our partners