Robot to remote pc connection

• Hi guys,

Someone can explain me how i can connect robot to my personal pc?

controller is r30ib.

I have lastest roboguide and real backup of robot.

I try to find something on user manual but i can't find any chapter about this.

thanks in advance

• H

Connect to it can mean different things, (ftp, http, roboguide robot neighborhood, pcdk , web server). Can you tell us what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks for reply.

I have roboguide so if possible I want to use this.

• Roboguide can be used to send and receive files. It has been a while since I have done it this way because I just use FTP. FTP is basically what roboguide does but I find roboguide to be clunky with this.

Basically you set up the real robot connection in robot neighborhood. Need to know that robots IP address and have PC on same network. Then if I remember correctly, there is a project menu in roboguide that allows you to send/receive files.

Otherwise you can do the same thing with any FTP client such as Filezilla or the built in Windows FTP in cmd prompt.

• Is your robot connected to the network? Try opening a web browser and typing in the robots IP address.

Is any other "free" and convenient ways(without roboguide) to access or read robot parameters ,such as motor current, motor or controller temperature, torque?

Thanks in advance~:smiling_face:

• What is your end goal/reason for wanting to have the robot "monitored" in real time by a PC?

Because sometimes operators get some allarms that couldn't fix by himself, and maybe I from home using pc could fix it.

• Is your robot connected to the network? Try opening a web browser and typing in the robots IP address.

yeah i got it. But if i try to use ECHO Funtion (just monitor) says: R843 ipendant remote needed.

• Is any other "free" and convenient ways(without roboguide) to access or read robot parameters ,such as motor current, motor or controller temperature, torque?

Thanks in advance~:smiling_face:

The robot web page allows you to search for system variables, such as $MOR_GRP[X].$CUR_DIS_TRQ[X] for q=torque. I have no idea how often they are updated however and if you want to use it in an application you're stuck doing some kind of web interface.

• The robot web page allows you to search for system variables, such as $MOR_GRP[X].$CUR_DIS_TRQ[X] for q=torque. I have no idea how often they are updated however and if you want to use it in an application you're stuck doing some kind of web interface.

It needs username & password,is there any universal passwords?

Thanks.

• If navigate to "MENU->SETUP->HOST Comm" using the hardware TeachPendant you can change the password for each protocol(HTTP for the WebBrowser iPendant) but I don't think it shows the currently used passwords

Advertising from our partners