Using a USB serial device in Sunrise

• Hello,

i'm using a LBR IIWA 14 820 and need to do measurements with a serial USB device.

Is it somehow possible to connect it to the robot and use it in the Sunrise Workbench?

I've got the device running another PC but the measurements need to be synched with the robot wich is in a local network but not conected to the internet.

I allready tried synching via UNIX timestamps but because the robot isn't conected to the Internet, it runs slightly off.

thanks for the help

• you are posting is KSS forum and this post belongs to Sunrise OS section.

also you are asking about different things, without providing details for any of them.

i'm using a LBR IIWA 14 820 and need to do measurements with a serial USB device.

there is nothing wrong with letting some USB device do the measurements. and there is nothing wrong with using LBR. what is the problem here exactly?

is the USB device providing data in a simple form or maybe needs own proprietary software to extract the data?

Java is very powerful programming language and allows you to do anything you like, including reading/writing files, Etherent communication, and yes, RS232 communication. That does not mean that it Workbench provides canned solution for such things. a bit of effort is still needed but - not much.

For example:

https://www.infoworld.com/arti…w-javax-comm-package.html

I've got the device running another PC but the measurements need to be synched with the robot wich is in a local network but not conected to the internet.

what are you trying to say here? why would you need the internet to get the data from machine connected locally? why can't you use LBR clock as timestamp - as is? if measurement device has timestamp, why not just save it? if it does not, why would it matter if the time stamp is slightly off?

I allready tried synching via UNIX timestamps but because the robot isn't conected to the Internet, it runs slightly off.

still not clear on why internet is needed for something that is clearly all local. why would it matter if the timestamps don't match what you can get from internet? and if internet solves problem for you, why don't you have it?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners