Fanuc to allen Bradely PLC I/O Interface

• Hello,

I am working now on a simple application consist of [ FANUC ROBOT M-10iA ] will be connected to [ PLC AB ] only by using

_ 5 DO coming from PLC then will be 5 DI in Fanuc side ]

_ 1 or 2 DI to PLC which they will be 2 DO from Fanuc side .

so first pont I will talk about PLC DO:

- DO to start Robot

- 3 DOs to select three Different programs.

second point PLC DI :

- ROBOT is busy.

my question is:

A) regarding to PLC DOs / Robot DIs:

1- How can I configure Robot DIs [ which rack, slot , Start] values can insert.

2- according to my understanding Robot DIs should be mapped with UOPs signal to activate Start , to select programs.

B) regarding to PLC DIs / Robot DOs:

- same situation .

I know it is very basic question but also I need to know from where can i get this information regarding to the Robot cabinet Hardware types , Cabinet wiring diagram .

Thanks In Advance,

Moelsayed

• okay after checking several Ideas i found that the easiest way to let PLC to start Robot is :to connect one output from PLC to Fanuc DI and set a condition inside the Fanuc program to start if DI is on.

But my question here I don't have in Fanuc something like Main program .

So how can make one program is always running and keep eye on DI status.

Thanks.

Moelsayed

• If you only have 5 DI I would do the following.

1.Use Other method for program select.

2. Use UOP for program start

3. Map an input to UI[4] and configure cstop for abort in system config

4. Map an input to UI [5] for reset

5. Map an input to UI[18] for production start

6. Map 2 remaining inputs as regular DI (or GI). Based on combination of those 2 inputs you can have up to 4 different states that call a different program from your main.

7. Map a flag to UI 1,2,3 & 8 that is always on, using BG Logic.

8. Create a main program and select it in menu>prog select>select method other>detail.

The better option would be to purchase the Ethernetip adapter option for the robot, then an ethernet cable between robot and PLC will give you access to all IO.

• Thank you very much for your information.

as in below I configured the DI/UI please what do you think about that

did I do it correctly ?

also I noticed something U1[1],[2],[3],[8] alwayes ON which means they don't need to be forced by Flags , I don't know why

Thanks,

Moelsayed

Edited 3 times, last by moelsayed ().

• i am using now roboguide and Robot itself not at the front of me to check it physically.

And this robot is old it was running but for different application.

But do we have way to check available Slots? I can ask one of my coworker to do backup so my question here can i check the robot parameter and configuration from roboguide by using this backup?

• I'm not sure if there is a way to determine what physical IO cards are installed from a backup. I have always just looked in side the controller cabinet.

You need to find out for sure what IO you have because that will determine the rack and slot assignments.

Also since this is used there may be something already in the program using certain IO. You will need to find that out.

Advertising from our partners