archiving kuka Krc2 on floppy disks, KSS 5.5 archive failed

• Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie in kuka robots. In our plant we have an industrial glass stacker with an old kuka robot. The control panel is an KRC 2 and the software version is 5.5.

We want to archive the robot on floppy disks.

I inserted a floppy disk on the drive. I've chosen "file>archive>all>floppy" and i had "archive failed".

Is there any way to know why the archive process failed?

• pe.mace

Changed the title of the thread from “archiving kuka Krc2 on floppy disks, KSS 5.5” to “archiving kuka Krc2 on floppy disks, KSS 5.5 archive failed”.
  • and if you still have a problem, try doing partial archive (only programs, etc.) to identify the issue.

"archive all" collects bunch of files and if just one of them is locked, archive will fail.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Another possibility is floppy or floppy drive itself being damaged.

I strongly recommend swap floppy drive for one of these floppy to USB converters. They are cheap and works well with older KRCs.

• hello can sombody tell me krc 2 controler can it programing in workvisual or in other program tanks

You can make some workarounds and use WorkVisual text editor to do a limited syntax checking and so on, but I think this would be overkill. WorkVisual is designed to work with KRC4 and onwards controllers. Not KRC2.

The best option is use the old but gold Notepad++ (or any other text editor of Your choice), and/or OrangeEdit, that is a little bit slow for my taste, but have nice features to work with KUKA robots.

Advertising from our partners