Reseting SRVO-046 without turning off

• Hi

I have a 5 axis fanuc robot that had a collision and now has SRVO-046 ovc alarm (group : 1 on ever axis)

normally id turn the control off and on as the jammed parts have been cleared and the robot is not under pressure

but the manager doesn't want to as the robot would lose its awareness of where parts are etc.

is there a simple way to reset the alarms and have the robot aware of where everything is ? ie not a full shut down

Thanks

• Hold Shift an Press Reset - a message on the top should appear "Shift+Reset pressed", now dont release shift. That should bypass all collision errors, but have in miny that you are able to crash the robot even worse.

• Hold Shift an Press Reset - a message on the top should appear "Shift+Reset pressed", now dont release shift. That should bypass all collision errors, but have in miny that you are able to crash the robot even worse.

This will not reset the OVC alarm if I remember correctly. This is only for general collision errors.

• Without knowing what your process involves, here is how we do it.

1 Turn on the teachpendant.

2 Make sure step mode is on, and speed is @ 10%. You will have to hit the reset button for the alarm.

3.Either press shift + back key to back up a line, or Use the axis keys to manually move whatever crashed away from whatever it crashed into.

4 Clear whatever was the cause of the crash, for us it is normally a destaco clamp.

5 If you manually moved the robot, hit the shift + back key until you get to a spot before the crash happened.

6 make sure the reason for the crash is now removed.

7 turn off step mode, reset teachpendant to 100% turn off teach pendant.

8 Restart robot from the operator cycle start button.

Every time you have a crash, you need to do everything you can to insure that it will not happen again.

Many of us work at places that do not have proxy switches on every clamp, some fixtures we use have 30 destacos on them.

It is in the best interest of the robot to have capable people operating it.

the robot only does what it is taught to do when someone tells it to do it. I now program air moves well above clamps that could be left open.

• Not for an overcurrent, no.

I think the bigger problem is why you are losing part position during a power cycle. Are you cold starting the robot and storing positions as digital outputs? Everything else I can think of maintains state between cycles.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Hi thanks for the reply's guys

the next shift came in with more knowledge

they turned the robot off n on to reset the ovc alarms and nothing was lost

and the robot was on the same line of code and restarted and worked away ok

the cause of the crash was just good old human error

• From my experience Fanuc doesn't lose any data from full shutdown, why is that a problem?

I know this is an old thread... but look into Cold Start vs Hot Start. We've setup all our robots with Hot Start enabled. This allows it to restore all I/O and running programs to their last state after external power failure.

I can't say definitively that it would help you in the OVC case, but it's worth a try.

• I am getting the Srvo-046 error message also but there is no collision. I was watching the robot run and it was going through a new program I was teaching, then near the end of the program it just stopped and showed this error. It di not hit anything.

What could cause it?

Advertising from our partners