Rate per Hour

• Hi All

What would be a good rate per hour to pay a robot programmer in the US markets.

Rate per hour for employee with under 0- 3 years work experience ?

Rate per hour for employee with 0-10 years work experience ?

I am just trying to understand the cost for Robot Programmers in US markets.

• There would be two ways that I know of to contract work: 1. Direct to the individual, often they are incorporated or DBA (Doing Business As). You would have to issue them a 1099 form with the wages you paid for their time. Taxes, insurance and such are their problem. A junior programmer might come cheap like $35/hour, but they might not be too proficient. This is pretty much a guess but a senior programmer would probably start more like 50. As always, you might get what you pay for. 2. You contract a company that does specifically robots and maybe also controls. They maintain their employees' taxes insurance and such. Probably going to cost you $50/hour minimum. You could see rates topping $100 per hour.

Whichever you decide to go with, make sure that your requirements are clear, in writing, and agreed upon by both parties.

• Really depends on your location in the US. In the Detroit area, rates are rather depressed due to the high supply. If you leave the Detroit area, rates go up from anywhere from 25% to 100%.

For a guy fresh out of school, who you can really only trust with path touch up, you are looking at about $60/hr. If you shop around, you may be able to get lower than this, but you get what you pay for.

For a rockstar level guy, such as someone who can setup a cell from scratch, or do advanced vision guidance, rates start at $75/hr and can go up significantly from there.

If you get a service tech from one of the robotic companies, service rates typically start at $120/hr.

In addition to hourly, you will be paying for travel, per diem, and other associated costs if your location is not near the contractor's home base.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners