How can i trigger alarm on Robot with pause job, sent to PLC, and wait for next command job???

• I wonder if there is a way to trigger alarm that will pause robot, send alarm code to plc, PLC will decide what to do, Sent back command and reset to robot and continue with jobs. I beleave same problem is solved in Fanuc with " user defined alarms". This problem can mannaged in picking an item if robot doesn't pick an item. I cant find anything in manuals. Can you please share your experience with same problem.

• Hi,

your question is a bit vague....I mean that there are a lot of solutions and a lot of them not involve external PLC.

Of course depends on the controller that you have (it's not expressed in your post).

You can simply use the SETALARM instruction that has 3 stops category or create a job that will be an "alarm list resolver".

There is also in Yaskawa the possibilty to create a user defined alarms( this option involve the internal plc of the robot).

• What generation of controller are you using? Depending on generation there may only be a couple of ways or there may be many, many ways.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• My solution till now is this code:

'Main program call alarm and sent to PLC ALARM CODE

SET B000 3

CALL JOB:JOB_ALARM ARGF B000

'SUBPROGRAM

IFTHENEXP B000>0

'SENT CODE TO PLC

SET OG#(1) EXPRESS B000

'SHOW ALARM DETAIL ON SCREEN

'___ALARM 1

IFTHENEXP B000=1

SETUALM 8001 "ALARM 1" 0 SMODE=0

ENDIF

ENDIF

• That is very similar to the way Yaskawa Ohio writes theirs. You could also send the M-register that has the alarm code to the outputs.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners