Position Registry change

• I am newbie in robot programming I want to ask how to change a PR[6: tainia] this is in my case. I want to change only the height or z for 10mm. The same PR used from others subroutines and we don't want to change to the others, only to one subroutine. Hope be understood please help.:thumbs_up:

• Hi, use PR (i, j ) to change just one axis. For example, your PR (1) is one point and you want to add 10 mm to X:

PR ( 1,1)=10

and the others:

1=X

2=Y

3=Z

4=W

5=P

6=R

But if u want juste change the Z use tool offset, this make the same work,

The PR is used for several programms, if you change the PR in one programm , it will affect all programms which uses this PR.

Nice day.

• pasted-from-clipboard.png

like this P1 in the second point of course

This is a bit misleading. You are offsetting the point by the dimensions of the point, effectively doubling the distance.

You should clear out the PR before you set anything to it if you want to use it as an offset point.

Code
    : PR[10]=LPOS-LPOS ; !PR[10] is now zero.
    : PR[10,3]=10 ; !Set the Z componant to 10mm
    : J P[1] 100% FINE Offset, PR[10] ;

Also, I recommend against using PR[1] for anything besides the home position. In the auto industry, PR[1] is assumed to be home, and some fanuc macros assume this as well.

I am newbie in robot programming I want to ask how to change a PR[6: tainia] this is in my case. I want to change only the height or z for 10mm. The same PR used from others subroutines and we don't want to change to the others, only to one subroutine. Hope be understood please help.:thumbs_up:

I agree with ambroise musnier on this. If you only want the Z offset to apply in one program, use an offset for the move.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• First first sorry for the post in wrong position and for the multiple.

Thanks for your help, but in my robot we pick 2products short bottle and long bottle. We change short bottle supplier and the difference is 10mn. As I made the 10mm offset, it effect to the long bottle either. any idea where to check and find the subroutine which energies the product choose? So to make the 10mm change after that. Excuse me if I say something wrong. Thanks in advance.

• You need to search all programs for "PR[6".

There is a search tool on the web browser for your robot, assuming a newer robot, or you can search through each program file. Once you find each place used you should be able to figure it out.

Advertising from our partners