DCS monitoring

• I have a fairly simple question, I want to be able to observe wether or not something is in one of my DCS zones, for instance if something has entered zone 1 I'd like a bit to come on showing that.

How might I go about doing this, tying io to DCS is a little confusing.

• You can set your IO config to receive the results of the DCS. The concrete settings depend on which part of the DCS you need specifically.

Rack 36 Slot 6 Start 1 in your DI for example will give you the results of the Cartesian Position Checks.

Edited once, last by TomTom ().

• If your monitoring function doesn't need to be safety rated then you don't need to do anything with safe IO.

If you need to send out a safety rated signal then you must use safe io DCS outputs.

Start number is the DCS zone number.

• No, if it is disabled, you will not get feedback from that zone. You would need to create an identical CPC and make it a 'not stop' to monitor.

It looks like you are doing machine safety. If this is the case, and your CPC 3 is not being used for operator safety, I would make that zone a not stop and have the PLC monitor and issue an immediate stop or desired signal rather the robot control stop if it enters the press zone during the cycle.

• You can set your IO config to receive the results of the DCS. The concrete settings depend on which part of the DCS you need specifically.

Rack 36 Slot 6 Start 1 in your DI for example will give you the results of the Cartesian Position Checks.

Slightly off-topic: Is there a list of which rack has what function?

Advertising from our partners